• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this for real?

pitonboy

Reaction score
I agree it looks suspicious. If you read the feedbacks they all say "good" or "good deal" despite the buyers being different. The transactions all seem to be for a very small amount of money. It has to be fake.

Stu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you read the feedbacks they all say "good" or "good deal" despite the buyers being different.  
Not only that, 9 of his 10 feedbacks were posted in a 10-minute period on Dec. 23. If that doesn't set off alarm bells, nothing will.

EastDevil

Reaction score
Typical conmen. Let's face it, mainland China is a land of cheaters right now.

EastDevil

Reaction score
If members in this forum makes a concerted effort to post a ton of bad feedback comments against these deals, we could warn potential ignorant fools. Its Christmas, so fools still deserve some mercy.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree it looks suspicious. Â If you read the feedbacks they all say "good" or "good deal" despite the buyers being different. Â The transactions all seem to be for a very small amount of money. Â It has to be fake.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....2821032 This is one of of the auctions that feedback was posted on... JJF

mano

Reaction score
He has 217 pair of high end shoes and all his auctions end within a few hours of each other. My guess is that he'll take whatever money he gets for the shoes plus $55 shipping and run.

aybojs

Reaction score
Another thing to do is report fraudulent sellers like this en masse to eBay. In the case of this guy, you could probably nail him for stealing images; perhaps someone could shoot an e-mail to grapevinehill if he isn't already aware, and let him know that ripoff artists are stealing his images and title text.

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Another thing to do is report fraudulent sellers like this en masse to eBay.  In the case of this guy, you could probably nail him for stealing images; perhaps someone could shoot an e-mail to grapevinehill if he isn't already aware, and let him know that ripoff artists are stealing his images and title text.
how do you report it?

Dan

aybojs

Reaction score
Report form link here. I reported him under "Copying of your listing," and the sub-heading "Someone copied text or pictures from another Web site or eBay user." For all I know, eBay may not care that much since I'm not the seller being copied, but it's still the kind of suspicious listing that should be brought to their attention and shut down ASAP.

marc37

Reaction score

Horace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
l posted on this topic afew weeks ago. The chinese lady is a con women. l have reported it to ebay but they just keep changing their business name. http://www.styleforum.net/cgi-bin....;t=7103
Is he actually selling fake shoes or just not delivering at all? I did a study of much of the soft-goods being pirated by mainland Chinese manufacturers, a while ago. Most of the quality is really bad. Though there are some low-mid quality exceptions where it's not too poor -- but that gets us to (usually) foreign owned factories with Western technology (and I think more importantly) oversight.

marc37

Reaction score
Horace: she does not have any of the RLPL shoes at all. She is copying grapevinehills pictures and selling nothing. You send the money for [apparent] $5,000 alligator shoes and you get nothing.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, they're fake. I was (not too seriously) considering shill bidding via multiple accounts up to 5 million dollars or something insane like that on all of the auctions, but I'm sure Ebay would kick me off and keep the fake shoe site up...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads