• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this fake Armani Collezioni suit?

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Hi everybody. I wonder if you can help me with this suit. It's supposed to be Armani Collezioni, but the tags look kinda fake (maybe I'm wrong though). The tag first says "100% pura lana", and just beneath it says: "95% wool, 5% something else". The pics are horrible, but the seller couldn't offer better ones. Thanks!

Icehawk

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AmusedToD
Hi everybody. I wonder if you can help me with this suit. It's supposed to be Armani Collezioni, but the tags look kinda fake (maybe I'm wrong though). The tag first says "100% lana vergine", and just beneath it says: "95% wool, 5% something else". The pics are horrible, but the seller couldn't offer better ones.

Thanks!

I'm not giving you an opinion either way but those tags are nothing like the ones on the AC piece I have.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought so. Nobody would sell a "worn once, as new" original Armani suit for 50 EUR, since the retail prices here go well over 1000 EUR.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the tag really say "5% something else"? Because if so, that's awesome.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Does the tag really say "5% something else"? Because if so, that's awesome.

The letters appear blurry when I zoom in because the pic is of low quality. The word consists of 5 or 6 letters, whereas I can recognize the first and the last 3 letters only, something like "S..CKY". Have no idea what that material might be.

ebmk3891

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I thought so. Nobody would sell a "worn once, as new" original Armani suit for 50 EUR, since the retail prices here go well over 1000 EUR.

Unless that's the Buy It Now price, I find most sellers do better when they're asking price is lower and dumb people will continuously keep bidding.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
The price is a buy it now price, no bidding. The inner tag looks original (white "Armani Collezioni, Made in Italy" with zig-zag stitching).

My concern was the tag with sizing and material info. But I've given up after a few comments here.

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It could, in a very strange way be partially legitimate. There are sellers out there whom have old brand label suits, replace old labels with something newer looking, and then sell suit on as if it were nearly new. This happened to me where the cloth label of the suit looked old and wizzened, but the brand label looked brand new. The giveaway was how the newer looking label was stiched into the garment.

The price is a buy it now price, no bidding. The inner tag looks original (white "Armani Collezioni, Made in Italy" with zig-zag stitching).

My concern was the tag with sizing and material info. But I've given up after a few comments here.

Then what I said above is null and void in this case. Item must be fake or seller stupid. I will tend to believe seller bought a fake, found out it was fake, and now is trying to recoup some of his losses.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Regardless of all of the above, this suit is fake. The tags are off for Collezioni, and the suit bag is WAY off, and a hallmark of fakes.

AC is made in collaboration with Zegna, and mainline Armani USED to be made with Vestimenta, though I believe the whole Vestimenta company has been out of business for years (correct me if I'm wrong.)

This suit is fake from the start. I'll look around and see if I can snap some pics of tags and labels from some Collezioni stuff I have. Even the older stuff tags don't look like this.

AmusedToD

Reaction score
Hey guys, thanks for all the info. I have a definite confirmation the suit is fake. Check the pic in the attachment, it's a pic of the suit's lining, and it has an eagle on it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads