• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this common.....?

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this a common thing on Ebay to not recieve feedback!!!! I have just been at this selling stuff on ebay thing for about a month and have sold eight items, while only getting 4 feedbacks..... Do people just forget? Do they forget on purpose?
angry.gif

Let me know your feedback on this issue.... thanks!!

Duveen

Reaction score
I think that people just forget/don't care

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cpmac7
Is this a common thing on Ebay to not recieve feedback!!!! I have just been at this selling stuff on ebay thing for about a month and have sold eight items, while only getting 4 feedbacks..... Do people just forget? Do they forget on purpose?
angry.gif
Let me know your feedback on this issue.... thanks!!

People will usually only leave feedback when they are a) extremely pleased b) extremely displeased c) bored. Some people leave feedback religiously, but the majority do not bother. I was a high revenue seller. I took the time to properly package my items. I never solicited feedback as some sellers do. I managed to get several hundred without asking, and they were all overwhelmingly glowing. Still, only about 1/5 left feedback. Had I solicited, I would have felt like a whore, for one, and for two, the feedback wouldn't have been so full of A+++++++s. What is this doing in Men's clothing? eBay has forums you know.

cpmac7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my bad i didn't know that this site has eBay forums... as you can see i m new to SF as well. I really don't ask for any feedback like you said thinking that i will get more if i don't ask for any.... thanks for the help so far guys

celery

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I try to leave feedback, but sometimes I just get busy and forget.

Or perhaps the person wasn't particularly good on their end, but also wasn't bad enough to warrant a negative feedback. So, I just don't leave feedback in those cases.

Say I buy something and I pay right away and it takes over a month to get to me, but it arrives in perfect condition without any problems. I don't really want to say something bad about them, but I also don't want to make them sound better than they are.

Thing about ebay, is that sellers usually expect people to pay within 3 days. And buyers usually expect their items in the mail by 1-2 weeks (except during Christmas). Also, good, friendly communication can often get you positive feedback.

i.e. "Thanks for buying my ____, I'll be sending it out by Someday the Nth. I shipped it via priority/standard/whatever and it should be there in X weeks."

Makes your buyer feel secure and when the item arrives, you'll most likely get great feedback.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who sell are usually better about leaving feedback.
For me, only about 70% of all transactions leave feedback. Some take a very looooong time.

gorgekko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
People who sell are usually better about leaving feedback.

I haven't found any appreciable difference on other side of the line (admittedly I have bought much more than sold). I am seeing an increasing number of sellers who are not leaving feedback at all though.

distinctive

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You may politely ask them to leave feedback if they were happy with the transaction. I wouldn't normally advise it but at a beginning stage of selling, feedback is very important. I would also advise not leaving feedback as a seller until your buyer has done the same. Some people will leverage feedback to take advantage of you.

jpb

Reaction score
I always leave feedback when I receive stuff, but as Russian customs hang on to stuff for weeks it may be later than the seller expects.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The absence of any negative feedback is in your favor. Dare I suggest a customer satisfaction survey? The key questions are: 1. Please rate your purchase experience: Completely unsatisfied Somewhat unsatisfied Neither satisfied nor unsatisfied Somewhat satisfied Completely satisfied Don't know, don't care, refused to answer. 2. Would you purchase from this vendor again (would return) 3. Would you recommend this vendor to your friends or relatives (would recommend) Please note that anything less than 98% complete satisfaction is toilet bowl! Because I like you there will be no charge for this valuate information.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads