• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this Belstaff worth buying???

peach

Reaction score
i really like that especially if the pants are included.it may look a little beaten but reapplying wax is not that difficult and there are places you can find on the web that provide that service.as to which jacket that is there is not a whole lot of difference between the trialmaster , rallymaster, roadmaster... each of these are made (or used to be) in different weights with the light weight being the waxed cotton and also a heavier nylon mesh , it think it's cordura . i have both as jackets and use the waxed cotton pants with both.i can't count the times everyone around me was wet and cold and i was dry as a bone and comfortable.i would almost be embarrassed to tell you how old some of my belstaff stuff is but it still looks great, it's almost bullet proof . last year some young fashionable looking character chased me down the sidewalk as he saw me leave watertower place and try to buy my heavy trialmaster off my back. until recently no one knew what it was but every now and then some old grizzly looking biker type would make the comment to me that they really wished that they still fit in their old belstaff. i don't know what to pay but look at ebay and lowball . provided it's not falling apart and everything snaps and zips i like it best with a little character already added.

urymoto

Reaction score
thanks

jsut to be clear, you think its cordura and not waxed cotton? cause im really going after the waxed cotton look...
I heard re-proofing was easy...
this guy is gonna part with it for less than 100$...
so i guess ill take it.

thanks

Caesar Augustus

Reaction score
I very fine looking piece. Definitely snag it.

urymoto

Reaction score
any idea which model it is???

thanks all for your responses...amazing forum

peach

Reaction score
it appears to be the light weight waxed cotton trialmaster.it will be written at the bottom of the label.

urymoto

Reaction score
ok im trying the medium tomorrow...if it fits ill post pics...
there is also a large i might try...if both are available, one might be going for sale here

hopefully the medium will be be ok.

Lear

Reaction score
Or you could forget the re-waxing altogether. This is a Barbour:

92210VintageBarbourW.jpg

urymoto

Reaction score
haha!!!

the charm is in the wax...as it is in frequent servicing of finicky motorcycles....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads