• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this awful?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good luck with the sale btw.
biggrin.gif

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry can't see it: 'Photobucket, bandwidth exceeded'.

It seems Photobucket are becoming as bad as Imageshack for picture hosting. I think Flickr is still OK, with non of those silly bandwidth and country restrictions.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andrew96
Why? You think Koreans are incompetent? 99% of the things you buy are made by uneducated Chinese, South Korea(there's an embargo on North Korea) is one of the more economically stable and well educated countries in the world.

Touchy!!!!
laugh.gif

Are you South Korean by any chance?

andrew96

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lasbar
Touchy!!!!
laugh.gif

Are you South Korean by any chance?

No, I'm German. I just hate people being ignorant idiots. Make that: I just hate people.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, I'm German. I just hate people being ignorant idiots. Make that: I just hate people.

In his defense, it's an awful country for leather goods. I live here and despite everything else being quite good quality, Korea is hopeless for leather.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Idiots are indeed ignorant but sometimes entertaining...

Don't be a hater be a lover...
laugh.gif

You're lucky nobody made a dog's joke yet...

andrew96

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
In his defense, it's an awful country for leather goods. I live here and despite everything else being quite good quality, Korea is hopeless for leather.

Fair enough(I've never been there so don't know about the quality of their leather, doubt there are a lot of farms there) however eel skin does not actually come from eels. Eels(assuming by "eel" you are refering to Anguilla rostrata(American Eel) or Anguilla anguilla(European Eel)(the only difference being the number of vertebrata) but the hagfish(hagfish being a collective colloquial term encompassing all 7 genera as a hogepoge, such as Myxine or Eptatretus). "Hagfish" are a popular dish in Korea(which I assume you know) and are caught commercially there for food and the skins are sold world wide for "eel skin" goods. If Koreans put "eel skin" to good work I don't know, but I'm assuming if they're popular to eat they're is most likely a historical usage of "eel skin" and probably some fine goods made there. However this is all extrapolation, I don't have any first hand accounts.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fair enough(I've never been there so don't know about the quality of their leather, doubt there are a lot of farms there) however eel skin does not actually come from eels. Eels(assuming by "eel" you are refering to Anguilla rostrata(American Eel) or Anguilla anguilla(European Eel)(the only difference being the number of vertebrata) but the hagfish(hagfish being a collective colloquial term encompassing all 7 genera as a hogepoge, such as Myxine or Eptatretus). "Hagfish" are a popular dish in Korea(which I assume you know) and are caught commercially there for food and the skins are sold world wide for "eel skin" goods. If Koreans put "eel skin" to good work I don't know, but I'm assuming if they're popular to eat they're is most likely a historical usage of "eel skin" and probably some fine goods made there. However this is all extrapolation, I don't have any first hand accounts.

Bloody hell!!!

You must go on Masterminds with a knowledge like that?

Do you do quizz nights often?

andrew96

Reaction score
Bloody hell!!!

You must go on Masterminds with a knowledge like that?

Do you do quizz nights often?

I don't care for quizzes, I'm more of a debate guy.

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't care for quizzes, I'm more of a debate guy.

Do you know anything about divots?

andrew96

Reaction score
Do you know anything about divots?

No, I generally don't worry about small slices of grass. Bigger hagfish to fry.

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it translates to hagfish, but the 2 kinds of eel I see are 장어 and 꼼장어.

Anyway, I don't see ell all over the place, mostly it's one guy in Itaewon making leather goods aimed at foreigners. I'd put 만원 down as a bet that he's the guy who made this. Not totally feeling the briefcase, but I love my wallet.

andrew96

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
I don't know if it translates to hagfish, but the 2 kinds of eel I see are 장어 and 꼼장어. Anyway, I don't see ell all over the place, mostly it's one guy in Itaewon making leather goods aimed at foreigners. I'd put 만원 down as a bet that he's the guy who made this. Not totally feeling the briefcase, but I love my wallet.
No normal person would buy any eel skin if they knew what a hagfish was. It's a benthic feeding(feeding on th bottom) jawless fish(agnatha) with no central nevus system. It basically drills it's cookie cutter like mouth into large dead fish and marine mammals on the bottom of the ocean. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...t:429,r:16,s:0

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads