1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is this an orphaned suit jacket?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by toplel, Jun 9, 2016.

1. toplel

toplel Senior member

This is another thrift store find - I really like it but I'm not savvy enough to know if it is an orphaned suit jacket or not. What do you guys think?

If it can be worn on it's own, what color shirt/pants would be good? I'd likely stick to solids because matching patterns is beyond my ability atm.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

That is a Prince-of-wales pattern, with varying sizes of houndstooth patterns. I have rarely seen that as a jacket alone - typically I've seen it as part of a three piece suit or as a part of a suit and waistcoat comibnation with odd trousers. If there is a secondary color in the pattern, like blue overcheck (which is common), the pants are often in a complementary color, but for this particular jacket, perhaps white shirt and burgundy pants would be a good match. I really do see it more as a part of a 2 or 3 piece ensemble, though.