• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this acceptable, zip Windbreaker over zip Hoodie?

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys, is it acceptable to wear a zip-hoodie, with a nylon zip windbreaker jacket over it? I pull the hoodie hood out, laying it over the back of the jacket. Both are very thin and fit neatly together. Can they be two different colors? The jacket in question is below, hoodie is a basic AA one as well. What say the SF bylaws and codes on this sort of thing?
tounge.gif
http://store.americanapparel.net/n431.html

KBW

Reaction score
If you are thin most anything can be made to be layered. Of course some things wouldn't work but this probably could

3stylelife

Reaction score
As with any layering, it just depends on the fit of the respective garments. Ideally, they'll be similarly shaped so that you don't get any awkward bunching or have the underlying sleeves poke out. As long as the garments aren't marshmallow puffy, you should be fine.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, I wore it out today in the rain and didn't get publicly ridiculed, so that's good. Kept me dry too, +1 for the AA Nylon jacket.

izlat

Reaction score
I would not wear them together in genral and in this particular case

Cheers

Originally Posted by sjnv
Sort of on-topic, is it okay to layer a hoodie with a hooded jacket in some cases?

eg. this w+h light resin coated hoodie in heather grey

with this apc windbreaker

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two hoods together looks dumb imo.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sjnv;1558433 said:
Sort of on-topic, is it okay to layer a hoodie with a hooded jacket in some cases?

eg. this w+h light resin coated hoodie in heather grey

Honestly, I've seen people do it at school, and it CAN look good IMO. The guys who do it best wear it very casually, kind of an anti-fit thing, with the jackets just thrown on sloppily zipped, and bunched and wrinkled. If you have the attitude, it works.

Doctor Quack

Reaction score
Two hoods are quite useful when you have to cross a wind tunnel on a regular basis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Forum statistics

Threads