• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this a real Hermes Agenda?

SirWilliam

Reaction score
My dad says he got these as gifts on a business trip to Hong Kong over 15 years ago...he has the classic orange Hermes one pictured here and then a dark green one. Does these look real? They seem to be the GM refill size. The pictures my dad sent me are terrible sorry.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Take them to Hermes for verification. BTW, those look good for being 15 years old.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
My dad found them while cleaning out his condo in Vancouver. He says they were never used...although only the orange one has a box.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It looks good to me, from what I can see from two small pics. Hermes stitching and leather are pretty easy to spot. Very recently, there are some fakes that are almost identical, but they didn't have them 15 years ago.

Anyway, I'd take it to Hermes, not necessarily to ask "is it real?" but perhaps just to get them to give you the info on the actual color/leather designations. At first glance, sort of looks like orange Togo (or maybe Clemence) They have perhaps 40 different leathers and colors, and it's interesting to figure out which one yours might as they each have different qualities/uses and such (as well as maintenance requirements).

SirWilliam

Reaction score
It looks like the goat skin to me. I will take them into the Hermes store when I get them. The Hermes store where I live is not more than a few years old...not sure how experienced the people there are or not.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
It looks like the goat skin to me. I will take them into the Hermes store when I get them. The Hermes store where I live is not more than a few years old...not sure how experienced the people there are or not.
My first thought was courchevel or one of the goatskins, but the grains looked closer together and it looked very soft, so I guessed calf (Togo, clemence, fjord, or one of the others). The Courchevel isn't really all that supple... (I have a courchevel agenda in Bleu jean) In any case, I don't think you'll find that they're inauthentic. You should use them! Hermes agendas are perfect, classic, subtle business accessories. But, be prepared that last time I checked, just the paper refills were about $100. Who knows if they've gone up again.

SirWilliam

Reaction score
I am used to expensive refills. I have a big Cartier desk agenda cover and after I bought it I found out that the refills are actually leather. I should have just bought the stupid refills and skipped the cover! I know Hermes makes blank paper so I think I am just going to use it is a journal...or sell them if I don't like them.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
It looks good to me, from what I can see from two small pics. Hermes stitching and leather are pretty easy to spot. Very recently, there are some fakes that are almost identical, but they didn't have them 15 years ago.

Anyway, I'd take it to Hermes, not necessarily to ask "is it real?" but perhaps just to get them to give you the info on the actual color/leather designations. At first glance, sort of looks like orange Togo (or maybe Clemence) They have perhaps 40 different leathers and colors, and it's interesting to figure out which one yours might as they each have different qualities/uses and such (as well as maintenance requirements).

You know, if you are going to make a comment, you might as well know something about Hermes.

lol8[1].gif
I think you covered every base.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SirWilliam
I am used to expensive refills. I have a big Cartier desk agenda cover and after I bought it I found out that the refills are actually leather. I should have just bought the stupid refills and skipped the cover! I know Hermes makes blank paper so I think I am just going to use it is a journal...or sell them if I don't like them.
If you're prepared for it, then no worries! I remember the first time I went to get a refill for mine, and was like, "$95 dollars for this????" If you decide you don't like them and want to sell, ebay with clear detail pics and description (including the exact leather and color) can fetch you a very good price for them. Don't know the current retail after multiple price increases, but when I bought one back in '02 or so, they were in the $300-400 range for most standard leathers.
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
You know, if you are going to make a comment, you might as well know something about Hermes.
lol8[1].gif
I think you covered every base.

lol8[1].gif
Hey, hey, I didn't even have a chance to get into the font or edging!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads