• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is this a quality issue of my Crombie jacket?

jsb0809

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I bought a very beautiful DB linen jacket from Crombie London store last Sat. and get it today after they did some essential alternations. I just wore it for this afternoon and find the back was broke when I go back home. It is an unlined linen jacket so I guess it might be easy to damage. So I just wanna know is this really a quality issue or I shouldn't make my hands around over my breast?
Thanks.

Last edited:

SW1Y

Reaction score
That's a severe quality issue. It looks like the weave is opening up and under strain it will probably become worse. I've seen this happen before with lightweight open weave cloths... I would bring it back and ask for a refund or exchange. If you do exchange, stay away from any jackets in this cloth :)

jsb0809

Reaction score
Thanks. I guess I would very cautious with lightweight cloth jacket like this.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it actually fit you or have you abused it (likely) - could be result of you stretching it.

jsb0809

Reaction score

Does it actually fit you or have you abused it (likely) - could be result of you stretching it.

I think it fit me well, but a little tight in my back when I make my hands around my chest. Could be my bad but never imagine the cloth such too tender

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That's a severe quality issue. It looks like the weave is opening up and under strain it will probably become worse. I've seen this happen before with lightweight open weave cloths... I would bring it back and ask for a refund or exchange. If you do exchange, stay away from any jackets in this cloth :)

Anybody could give more advice? THX!

Do with that guy ^^ said.

Last edited:

jsb0809

Reaction score
I contacted Crombie and sent my jacket back, they admitted that is a quality issue and agree refund to me. They also mentioned can re-sew the seam for me but I rejected that because you said stay away from this kind of cloth. Thank you so much.

SW1Y

Reaction score
I contacted Crombie and sent my jacket back, they admitted that is a quality issue and agree refund to me. They also mentioned can re-sew the seam for me but I rejected that because you said stay away from this kind of cloth. Thank you so much.
You're welcome! When they take the centre seam in, the same issue might reappear. You made a wise decision and I do hope you find another sport coat that you like :)

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 58 17.8%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 109 33.5%
  • 8”

Votes: 96 29.5%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 36 11.1%
  • 9”

Votes: 13 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.2%