• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this a legit St. Andrews suit?

rssmsvc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually that seems high for a used St. Andrews suit with a weird waist size.

I don't think it is a fake because I doubt there are mahy who have even heard of them.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes suit is legit - I bought it and returned it because I was not happy with the fit. I'm still awaiting a promised refund after return was received more than 3 weeks ago.
mad.gif

My advice: do not buy from this seller - at least until I receive my refund

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc

It claims to be NWT. Still, $399 is not a particularly low starting bid.

Not that I don't like St Andrews, but come on:
This suit is as nice as Kiton suits that I have sold before,and has as much, if not more, hand work in it.
As far as authenticity goes, it looks good. Pick stitching looks to be by hand, and the buttonhole looks right (I wish more sellers would post pics of the underside of the buttonhole though, that's a surefire way to judge handwork.)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rssmsvc

right
dozingoff.gif
... please show us where you find all those new St Andrews suits for less than $400...

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
My advice: do not buy from this seller - at least until I receive my refund
Maybe he needs to sell it so he can send you the refund.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Gdl, what was up with the sizing?? I've been eyeing that suit for a while (it's been up for sale for months) but the measurements do not correspond with the size. If the measurements they list are correct, then it would have had to have been drastically recut.

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Yes suit is legit - I bought it and returned it because I was not happy with the fit. I'm still awaiting a promised refund after return was received more than 3 weeks ago.
mad.gif

How did it fit?? It looks good but the measurements are of a Italian 52-4L or medium long not a 56L.

I have too many suits now, but love St Andrews and based on the measurements it would fit me. But that is why I have backed off of Ebay....too many unknowns.

Perry

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
Gdl, what was up with the sizing?? I've been eyeing that suit for a while (it's been up for sale for months) but the measurements do not correspond with the size. If the measurements they list are correct, then it would have had to have been drastically recut.

I notice you have a RLPL in e56L up now that measures 21.5 shoulders and 49inch chest. Considerable bigger than this suit!!

Perry

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Yep, that particular Saint Andrews model fits generously. If it was really a 56 it would come with size 40 slacks. I know, as I sold a bunch of them a couple of years ago.

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris

Andrew - the coat basically fits like a 44L but was just a little wide at the shoulders (I could live with that). The trousers however cannot be taken out to a W38 (unlike advertised). There's not enough fabric left at the seat and waist to get there. Everything else is lovely though (fabric, cut, details)

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pkincy
How did it fit?? It looks good but the measurements are of a Italian 52-4L or medium long not a 56L.

I have too many suits now, but love St Andrews and based on the measurements it would fit me. But that is why I have backed off of Ebay....too many unknowns.

Perry

Well do not buy it with the idea of trying it and returning it for full refund - that's my advice until I actually receive my money back

gdl203

Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
Maybe he needs to sell it so he can send you the refund.

So he needs to sell it twice and get the proceeds x2 to refund me?
mad.gif

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, you just saved me $400! It wouldn't have fit me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads