is this a good suit for wedding?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by hahabowen, Feb 2, 2016.

1. dresstokill

dresstokill Well-Known Member

Way better! Length seems good, button stance seems about right.

The adjustments you mentioned need to be made - a bit tight around the waist and the back is still a bit messy but I guess alteration at the back will fix that. I still see a bit of a divot on one shoulder (in the mirror) if I'm not mistaken but nothing major I guess.
    Definitely a nice suit for your wedding - 3 piece is the way to go for that.

Congrats!

2. UserNameToronto

UserNameToronto Senior member

+1. Fit is actually quite good, and I think you will be happier with a classic solid grey. Well done!

3. dresstokill

dresstokill Well-Known Member

What a difference a well-fitting suit makes! I had a completely different picture of your figure than I do now...

4. hahabowen

hahabowen Member

5. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Senior member

Much better fit to start with for that second one. Minor nips and tucks are perfectly acceptable and expected. If you start having to think (or are advised by others) you need major work done to a garment, skip it and go for a better size/fit. You made an excellent choice.

Do a search on here for wedding ties to find something elegant and appropriate to go with it (hint: not a bow tie).

That looks like the HR Outlet at Heartland? I've had mixed luck with advice from the SA's there. One tried to get me into a larger jacket than was appropriate just so the pants fit without having to be let out. I was swimming in the jacket, and stood my ground on the jacket size I normally take. Took the suit to another tailor who let the pants out with no effort at all. It helps to have a reasonable idea of what generally fits and what effort needs to be put into the alterations.

6. hahabowen

hahabowen Member

Thanks for the input.
    bow tie does not look good with this suit?
    Yes, it's the heartland one.

7. RaggedyDandy

RaggedyDandy Senior member

It may, but it's a particular style choice that may not work for everyone. Try one, but also try a solid long tie. As I suggested, look up "wedding ties" and try something like that. Barring that, try a solid, slightly textured navy tie (i.e. grenadine).

8. jonathanS

jonathanS Senior member

Much better. There are some things that would still bother me like the lapel roll or the single vent but you don't have the time necessary to fix that. If you're happy then go for it it's not bad.

9. chobochobo

chobochobo Rubber Chicken Dubiously Honored Moderator

Certainly better though I don't like the cut of the front.

10. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

The new one is too hipster.

11. hahabowen

hahabowen Member

well,, it's not from a traditional suit maker like Zegna, Canali etc
    Coming from a designer brand - Dolce&Gabbana, that's why it looks more trendy I guess
    But what I do now is far from the business world.. Having a classic suit is not a must. Although I will definitely consider an upgrade when the time comes.

12. chobochobo

Oh, and I don't like centre vents.

13. Alpha11

Alpha11 Senior member

Edited.
    I love "side vents" ( not center vents) as it allows me to have use of my pockets without having the back door open. Additionally, it keeps the lines of the suit clean where as the single vent can look unsightly from the back when the suit is motion or you have your hands in your pocket. No vents just puts to much stress on the suit and material therefore for me it is a no go as well. I raise all three options to my customer and "most" go with side vents when they place an order for a custom made suit.

Most OTR suit come standard with single/ center vents as the cost in production is less than center vents and could be why you see so many more out in the wild.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  14. chobochobo

You should probably re-read what you wrote :)

15. hahabowen

hahabowen Member

I agree. I think center vent looks better, though side vents are more comfy and a must-have for a everyday wear suit.