• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Hi, we have updated our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in anticipation of the upcoming new Calfornia laws, the CCPA. If you are a resident of California, these rights pertain to you. Thanks - Styleforum Team.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is this a four in hand knot?

swlondon

Reaction score
Hi,

I've seen this knot on some not-so-narrow shirt collars and I personally think it looks very nice. Is it the four in hand knot in each picture?

Thanks.

swlondon

Reaction score
Thanks guys. It looks very cool on a wider collar.

Harrydog

Reaction score
I don't like it when the tie shows on either side of the knot. That is what is wrong for me in the last picture. For the most part, the others are okay.

Yowzer

Reaction score
Sure looks like it. The FIH gives an asymmetrical look. Can be quite an interesting look.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why not? Looks fine to me, maybe the dimple is a bit much to the side, but...
Sorry, I should have been more clear. The tie is fine by itself, but the collar is absurdly wide. I would have probably tried a wider knot, but I don't think that would have saved it.

Mr Engineer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some or FIH(last pic) and some are Italians(third) tie knots..They are pretty much the same tie knot except an Italian is wrapped around twice giving you a bigger knot

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How wide do you like your leg opening on your trousers?

• 7”

Votes: 49 16.2%
  • 7.5”

Votes: 105 34.8%
  • 8”

Votes: 91 30.1%
  • 8.5”

Votes: 33 10.9%
  • 9”

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • 9.5”

Votes: 7 2.3%