1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is this a C&J handgrade?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Dec 17, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Senior member

2. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Definitely. I was looking at that shoe - very nice indeed.

3. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

It looks to me like this is the same shoe as the C&J Cardiff, which is not a Handgrade shoe. The shoe in the auction has channelled soles, which is a feature usually associated with Handgrade shoes; but C&J will make their Benchmade grade of shoes with channelled soles at the request of the buyer.

4. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

I have to agree with jcusey - it does looks most similar to the offerings on the benchmade line, with a modified sole. The other factor is the last - the handgrades have rather elegant and elongated lasts, while the benchmades are a little more traditional.

5. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

The toe pattern is different. By the way, I was going by the soles, and the fact that Boss probably would ask for Handgrade for their very expensive top of the line shoe. I could be wrong.

6. jcusey

jcusey Senior member Dubiously Honored

Medallion patterns are easily changed. Shoes from the benchmade line can have channelled soles. It's made on the 325 last, which isn't used on any Handgrade shoe that I know of and which is used on several shoes in the benchmade line, including the Cardiff. I can't be certain, but I'm pretty confident that it's a shoe made to benchmade standards.

7. montecristo#4

montecristo#4 Senior member

Sorry to point out the obvious, but the auction says benchmade -- not handgrade.

The also aren't antiqued the way a handgrade is. Nice shoes, though.

8. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

some of us clearly need the obvious pointed out to us [raises hand]