• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there any opinion on JCrew's high end line?

SouthPhillyMan

Reaction score
generally I like JCrews casual stuff. More than banana republic or ralph lauren at this point.
I see they have tailored blazers and suits made with loro piana fabric and alden shoes now. Haven't seen it in person yet but looks good on paper at least. Can anyone speak to the quality of these collaboration pieces?
I wear jeans to work everyday now but am anticipating the move to a more formal work environment and I'm thinking this might be a good avenue to stock up quickly on quality pieces.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just more expensive that the regular stuff.....

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe that some of the suits are half-canvased. They don't get a lot of love around here because the cuts are so fashion forward. I think the general consensus here is that you can get better brands at comparable prices if you look for discounts...of course that's the conventional wisdom about everything.

SouthPhillyMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gladhands
I believe that some of the suits are half-canvased. They don't get a lot of love around here because the cuts are so fashion forward. I think the general consensus here is that you can get better brands at comparable prices if you look for discounts...of course that's the conventional wisdom about everything.

people think it's too trendy? they def. are going for the slim cut look.....but everybody is

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SouthPhillyMan
people think it's too trendy? they def. are going for the slim cut look.....but everybody is

It's partially the slim cut, but mostly the shorter jacket length and skinny lapels.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Cheap plastic buttons, half canvassing, bottom of the line Thomas Mason fabrics. Most of their shirt patterns besides the classic patterns are too much. Meh. They are a beginners brand for Ralph Lauren if you ask me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads