Is there any clothing "bargains" in Tokyo?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by heidegger, Jun 2, 2012.

1. heidegger

heidegger Well-Known Member

I will be in Tokyo next month. Is there anything (clothing, shoes) I should look to buy there that I can get substantially less expensively than in the US?

2. kriot666

kriot666 Member

I just got back from Tokyo and unfortunately everything there is very expensive, especially if you're going from the US (I'm from San Diego).

Having said that I found some great deals on basics at Uniqlo (the Ginza store is fantastic), the Comme Ca in Shinjuku also had some decent deals and some really nice clothes. There are also two TopMan stores and the one in Shinjuku always had some good clothes on sale.

RagTag is also not too bad. I liked the one in Shimo-Kitazawa.

I dont really have much of a budget for super nice expensive clothing but there is plenty there.

I love how people there, everyone, is very fashion conscious, its a nice change from the ultra casual style here in SD.

3. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

4. Sean9

Sean9 Senior member

Everything will be really expensive. I think your two best bets for good deals for well known brands would be Pure Blue Japan (jeans in general but from my understand PBJ is a pretty big company in comparison to many of the other denim makers), Lad and n(n). Tokyo is expensive as hell and the really high end stuff usually stays pretty pricey regardless of borders but that's the type of stuff that isn't that expensive but just doesn't seem to creep out of Japan as easy. That said if you think outside the brand box there are amazing deals to have.

5. krn.nyc

krn.nyc Well-Known Member

Where should I go in Tokyo to find said amazing deals? Quality matters, brand not as much.

I'm a fan of Flathead; is it cheaper in Tokyo relative to Selfedge and where should I go? The yen-$ is awful... it's currently 80Y-1USD.

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  6. Nopike343

Nopike343 Senior member

7. krn.nyc

krn.nyc Well-Known Member

Thank you. Seems like a $50 difference, give or take.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012
  8. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Everything is crazy expensive plus all sizes gone immediately. Clothing items in US is way cheaper than in Japan. You go eat and have fun.