• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is there any benefit of wood hanger over plastic ones?

NoNameNecessary

Reaction score
I don't think there is any benefit of wood hanger over plastic one. Cedar hanger does not prevent moth, at least not enough, and there is many easier and more effective way to prevent moth.

Plastic ones from the original factory are designed for the shoulder shape and lighter. If there is any benefit of wood hanger, why best RTW company still use plastic ones?

atia2

Reaction score
We can produce wood sustainably and without destroying the one planet we have to live upon. This is not true of plastic. Good enough reason for you?

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to discount what you're saying (well, maybe a little) but a lot of wood products are made in factories that use methods that are highly toxic to the environment. Yeah, wood products can be made in eco-friendly ways, but most aren't. Especially when you consider the treatments some wood products get, like finishes with toxic chemicals like formaldehyde.

stubloom

Reaction score
The arguments for and against plastic or wood hangers always comes down the a matter of personal preference.

On the other hand, there can be no argument about the importance of using the right hangers.

In my opinion, the best argument for the use of the right hanger was a blog post written by Jeffrey Diduch on his Made By Hand blog (tuttofattoamano.blogspot.com) in October 2010.

You can read that post here...

http://ravefabricare.com/garment-hangers-importance-hangers-garment-care/

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.