• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there a real version of this vest?

Scrap

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im looking at getting a vest for the spring and I've decided to veer more towards RL than CG.

I was looking at RL vests and came across this one from china;

zw3wll.jpg

h1jQJl.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a authentic version of this?

Many Thanks,
Chris

Scrap

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saul Silver
Are you a member of Mercer Polo Team?

plain.gif
Of course not.

This is just a simple question if i can get one of not. If i can't and you have to be part of the Mercer Polo Team to get one please just be straight forward and tell me. I don't need any sarcasm.
sarcasm.gif

Just a guy wondering if he can cope a hype vest.....

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrap
If i can't and you have to be part of the Mercer Polo Team to get one please just be straight forward and tell me.

You have to be part of the Mercer polo team to get one

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Im looking at getting a vest for the spring and I've decided to veer more towards RL than CG.

I was looking at RL vests and came across this one from china;

zw3wll.jpg

h1jQJl.jpg

Does anyone know if there is a authentic version of this?

Many Thanks,
Chris

I have one rule. Don't buy **** from China. If you really want this buy something similar from RRL.com

Oh and being a smart ass is all the rage here

Scrap

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
I have one rule. Don't buy **** from China. If you really want this buy something similar from RRL.com

Oh and being a smart ass is all the rage here

Exactly, china's quality is terrible thats why i am looking for authentic.

I am not trying to be a smart ass at all and i apologize if i came off that way it just if i go to answer someones question i don't use sarcasm or at least i give the answer to their question along with a little sarcasm. His answer didn't help me at all, he could have just let me know that it wasn't available. If anything his answer could be refereed to being such. (Not trying to be a smart ass just voicing my opinion)
biggrin.gif

Thanks Anyways guys!

Applicate it!

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Exactly, china's quality is terrible thats why i am looking for authentic.

I am not trying to be a smart ass at all and i apologize if i came off that way it just if i go to answer someones question i don't use sarcasm or at least i give the answer to their question along with a little sarcasm. His answer didn't help me at all, he could have just let me know that it wasn't available. If anything his answer could be refereed to being such. (Not trying to be a smart ass just voicing my opinion)
biggrin.gif

Thanks Anyways guys!

Applicate it!

Nah man, I am talking about the "you have to be part of the team" comments as being smart ass

Yeah, best bet is to go with anything that's not coming from China. Long wait anyways. Good luck

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^He's asking if there's an authentic American counterpart available for purchase.

And this is the place where grown men start threads -- in all seriousness -- about children's shoes. And not just any children's shoes, but sneakers that MUST COST AT LEAST THREE-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!11

Hardly any room to poke fun at someone for wanting a logo vest.

Last edited:

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by noobizor
^^He's asking if there's an authentic American counterpart available for purchase. And this is the place where gay middle-aged Iranian men start threads -- in all seriousness -- about children's shoes. And not just any children's shoes, but sneakers that MUST COST AT LEAST THREE-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!11 Hardly any room to poke fun at someone for wanting a logo vest.
Sigh
First, just because you call sneakers "children's shoes", that doesn't make it so Second, falling back on non sequitur ad-hom attacks greatly cheapens your white knight's assistance Third, there is a reason why threads like this are derided here, and that's because they detract from the value of the board and are generally a nuisance and eyesore

Scrap

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RegisDB9
Nah man, I am talking about the "you have to be part of the team" comments as being smart ass Yeah, best bet is to go with anything that's not coming from China. Long wait anyways. Good luck
Thanks for the help bro, Appricate it!
Originally Posted by noobizor
^^He's asking if there's an authentic American counterpart available for purchase. And this is the place where gay middle-aged Iranian men start threads -- in all seriousness -- about children's shoes. And not just any children's shoes, but sneakers that MUST COST AT LEAST THREE-HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!11 Hardly any room to poke fun at someone for wanting a logo vest.
Lmao i actually died reading this. Thanks for the back up. Although i do own a pair of Air Yeezys that do cost more than 300.
blush.gif
Although for a kid, id never spend 300 on shoes. And if i did they would have to be made out of unicorn fur, levitate, have every super power know to mankind installed and they must be high tops!
laugh.gif

Scrap

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
Sigh

First, just because you call sneakers "children's shoes", that doesn't make it so

Second, falling back on non sequitur ad-hom attacks greatly cheapens your white knight's assistance

Third, there is a reason why threads like this are derided here, and that's because they detract from the value of the board and are generally a nuisance and eyesore

So posting and asking a general question is a nuisance and an eyesore? The wth is the point of this forum or of human existence for that matter. If we didn't ask questions and seek answers mankind as we know it would not be in existence. Also how does this "DETRACT" the value of the board? Are you too "HIGH END" for this vest or my peasantry post? All Hail The King then
worship.gif
. I didn't know a Ralph Lauren Vest was peasantry. Since im not high class for this forum. Your Highness may you please appoint me to a LOWER class forum?

Thank You!
The Peasant

Scrap

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PLaydice
the mercer stuff came out two seasons ago i think. part of the hunter jumper equestrian crest stuff they were doing.
You dont have to be part of the club to get the gear, I have a mercer rugby and the matching socks.

Thanks for your response man!
Any idea where i can find it? I've looked everywhere and all i can find is this vest from china.
confused.gif

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
The wth is the point of this forum or of human existence for that matter.

This is a good question and I'm sure it will echo in the bearings of my soul as I fall asleep tonight

Jim Barns

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aaaeeeiiiooouuu
This is a good question and I'm sure it will echo in the bearings of my soul as I fall asleep tonight

Have you awaken yet?

So what is the answer to our question?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads