• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is there a final word on Eggs?

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I have ten chickens roaming around three grass acres during the day and cooped up at night...I have white eggs, brown eggs, blue eggs...I am starting to get sick of them for breakfast...maybe egg sandwiches tomorrow instead (on whole wheat).

Very awesome man. Can't you just give the eggs to your neighbors for a few days since you're sick of them?

oman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monaco
Very awesome man. Can't you just give the eggs to your neighbors for a few days since you're sick of them?

i sense a B&S thread in the making!

twotrey

Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
I tend not to notice egg farts.

Lately I have noticed banana farts though. How the eff do your farts smell like bananas so soon after eating a banana?

You can't be serious.

Now I'm just too curious not to try this out.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CodeRed
I have ten chickens roaming around three grass acres during the day and cooped up at night...I have white eggs, brown eggs, blue eggs...I am starting to get sick of them for breakfast...maybe egg sandwiches tomorrow instead (on whole wheat).

To have access to fresh eggs from chickens who roam around eating grass/leaves and insects is a wonderful gift.

Give those things away! Just a half dozen at a time, though, because you want to spread the gospel of what a proper egg should taste like as far and wide as possible.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Monaco

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HORNS
To have access to fresh eggs from chickens who roam around eating grass/leaves and insects is a wonderful gift.

Give those things away! Just a half dozen at a time, though, because you want to spread the gospel of what a proper egg should taste like as far and wide as possible.

There are actually people out there who love commercial eggs and can't get enough of it while refusing to acknowledge the fact that those chickens are in torturous conditions and injected with antibiotics, hormones, and fed GMO corn/grains.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Monaco
There are actually people out there who love commercial eggs and can't get enough of it while refusing to acknowledge the fact that those chickens are in torturous conditions and injected with antibiotics, hormones, and fed GMO corn/grains.

Oh no, not GMO grain!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've eaten 4 eggs daily for the last few years and am fit as a fiddle.

volatility smile

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
the rest of the ****, fair enough, but what the hell is wrong with genetically modified grain/corn?

I don't want to turn this into a debate, but I don't think it's too far beyond the pale to claim that GM corn engineered to be insect-resistant could possibly be toxic to humans. These GMOs are engineered to express certain types of protein toxins originally from bacteria (e.g. Cry3Bb1 in MON 863's case) - I mean, you're basically consuming corn with pesticide in it, and there's been so little research carried out on them that nobody knows **** all as to whether they're actually toxic or not. Check out this study, though it was done on rats (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20011136):

Our analysis clearly reveals for the 3 GMOs new side effects linked with GM maize consumption, which were sex- and often dose-dependent. Effects were mostly associated with the kidney and liver, the dietary detoxifying organs, although different between the 3 GMOs. Other effects were also noticed in the heart, adrenal glands, spleen and haematopoietic system. We conclude that these data highlight signs of hepatorenal toxicity, possibly due to the new pesticides specific to each GM corn. In addition, unintended direct or indirect metabolic consequences of the genetic modification cannot be excluded.

LucasCLarson

Reaction score
Originally Posted by volatility smile
I don't want to turn this into a debate, but I don't think it's too far beyond the pale to claim that GM corn engineered to be insect-resistant could possibly be toxic to humans. These GMOs are engineered to express certain types of protein toxins originally from bacteria (e.g. Cry3Bb1 in MON 863's case) - I mean, you're basically consuming corn with pesticide in it, and there's been so little research carried out on them that nobody knows **** all as to whether they're actually toxic or not. Check out this study, though it was done on rats (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20011136):

Thanks for pointing that out. GM crops are better to eat that crops ridden with insecticides.

I've eaten 3 eggs every morning for the past couple years. You'll get sick of them before you die from them.

dwyhajlo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by volatility smile

I'm getting a "Page not found" message, so I can't comment directly on your link, but it is talking about "Bt crops", yes? Bt has been used for decades and is pretty widely considered safe for any organism to consume, beyond a couple groups of insects. Of course, that old chestnut "more research is needed" always pops up in scientific research.

CodeRed

Reaction score
Might be hard to tell since I took this photo with an iphone in the bright sun, but two of these eggs are blue...had em this morning, after a break I am into eggs again!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^^ They're not showing up as blue on my screen, but they do looker darker than the white one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads