Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is there a final word on Eggs?

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by SField, Jul 15, 2010.

1. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

We should totally start posting our favorite egg recipes now.

I prefer mine scrambled.

2. Salad

Salad Senior member

My dad has a very large back yard and keeps "free range" hens so free fresh brown eggs all day. The problem is finding them. Some hens have nesting areas some just lay eggs where ever they want.

My favorite way to have an egg is semi soft boiled. Crack the top, hit with a little bit of seasalt and I'm good.
    Some of you guys eat a gang of eggs! Lol. I think I'd get tired of them.

3. milosz

milosz Senior member

Yeah just be careful you aren't paying too much for "free range" chicken eggs. From what I've heard, Free range just means the chickens have light and can see outside their coupes. not necessarily happy chickens frolicking through the meadows....

http://www.upc-online.org/freerange.html

Yeah, you want 'pasture raised' if at all possible (from a reliable source that you trust their honesty on that point). Cage free and free range are industrial farmed with possible access to the outdoors.

4. SField

SField Senior member

Well not like brown all around. I didn't mean burnt brown. Right at the end I like it when it's just a TAD brown on one side of the bits of scram.

And overpowering or not, cajun seasoning is delicious. Guess that's how it is being raised in the south.

That wouldn't be scrambled eggs... that would be more like a chopped extremely overcooked omelet.

5. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

Look up Gordon Ramsey on Youtube for the best looking scrambled eggs everrr.

6. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

That wouldn't be scrambled eggs... that would be more like a chopped extremely overcooked omelet.

sounds good to me

7. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

Yes, every day now starts with a couple poached eggs on toast.

where do you get yours?

8. fuji

fuji Senior member

I have about 6 eggs a day. 3 eggs scrambled with bacon on toast, cooked in olive oil. I have it for breakfast every morning and usually in the afternoon.

9. SField

SField Senior member

where do you get yours?

Whole Foods.

10. SField

SField Senior member

sounds good to me

Hey man that's fair. Not going to tell you how to eat your eggs, but if you're a real southern boy I'm guessing you love rich foods. Try cooking eggs differently, like some of us do some time. The texture and richness is sort of similar to really great cheese grits. Just sayin, you should try it.

11. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

It's always a good day when you start with a blue egg.

12. CrazyJew

CrazyJew Senior member

Hey man that's fair. Not going to tell you how to eat your eggs, but if you're a real southern boy I'm guessing you love rich foods. Try cooking eggs differently, like some of us do some time. The texture and richness is sort of similar to really great cheese grits. Just sayin, you should try it.

god damn I just came home high/drunk and you're like cheese grits and I'm like fuck I need some of that shit

13. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

No. My dad eats eggs every day and has done so for as long as I can remember. He eats a well balanced diet with lots and lots of veg and fresh greens and gets plenty of exercise. At his last physical (age 63) his doctor said his numbers were that of a man half his age.
    Eggs are fine.

14. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

No. My dad eats eggs every day and has done so for as long as I can remember. He eats a well balanced diet with lots and lots of veg and fresh greens and gets plenty of exercise. At his last physical (age 63) his doctor said his numbers were that of a man half his age.
    Eggs are fine.

I'm as big of a fan of eggs as anyone but posts where someone says "My X has been doing Y for eleventy billion years and he/she is perfectly healthy" are ridiculous.

15. otc

otc Senior member

Is anyone else not a fan of the fried egg on top of a burger? Especially if it is a fairly big patty?

I always think it seems like a good idea but when I get it, I am underwhelmed. Maybe I taste something when I first bite into the yolk...but otherwise I get nothing and the egg is overpowered by the burger.