• CALLING ON HOME SEWERS TO HELP HEALTHCARE WORKERS FIGHTING COVID-19

The lack of proper masks, gowns, and eyewear equipment is making it difficult for health workers to do their work fighting the novel coronavirus. In a recent New York Times article, medical workers said they were worried about how they can both fight the coronavirus without imperiling themselves, as well as their loved ones when they go back home.

If you are a home sewer, please consider helping my joining Hickey Freman Technical Vice President Jeffery Diduch in his effort to produce and deliver homemade gowns and masks to medical professionals in the greater Rochester, New York Area. Read about how you can help here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is the duck boot the new boat shoe?

porcelain monkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That look is most certianly back in fashion now. It is the fall version of the preppy redux look of summer. Instead of madras, seersucker and boat shoes, look for tweed, corduroy and duck boots. Some of us, especially in the northeast, have been wearing this stuff all of our lives, so it never went out of style. Notice my distinction between fashion and style.

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Camp moccassins are the new boat shoe which are the new old boat shoe which are the old new camp moccassin.

No, really.

Shikar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear them to the duck blind.

Regards.

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
If you're outside and it's cold and wet they work very well and always look good with a pair of jeans. I haven't owned a pair since I lived in Seattle. Great for fall and winter.

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i10casual

Reaction score
I hate these. Only good if you are going hunt'in. But yeah I see them all over the fashion adds now.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
you can buy those for $350 and in 3 months wonder why the hell you bought them, or you can buy the LL Bean's for $100 and keep them for 15 years

And then have LL resole them to last another 15.

Don't spend three times as much for a dumber looking high fashion version.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why the bean boot hate? If you do a lot of walking in a cold weather city, they're a godsend. I'm not baller or stupid to trudge through the snow in my dress shoes, and bean boots look better with work clothes than most waterproof boots.

detroiter

Reaction score
Funny, i just bought a pair of duck boots. I had no idea they were in style, i just used to wear them in jr high, and decided i wanted another pair.

detroiter

Reaction score
Wait, people are saying these were never "fashionable"? I rememvber during like the 89-1992 a lot of people in my jr high wearing these, even when it wasnt snowing. I rememvber these and ll bean nylon backpacks as like some of the more popular items during jr high.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh I cannot believe those might be considered "fashionable." I'll stick to my all leather Cabelas hunting boots and Irish Setter snow boots thank you very much

kylelovesyou

Reaction score
I'll be buying a pair of boots from LL Bean shortly. This is one item where I definitely wouldn't go for "designer."

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

WHICH TYPE OF SNEAKERS WORK BEST ON A FIRST DATE?

• Classic Leather Low-Top

• Canvas Plimsoll

• Leather Slip-On

• Canvas Slip-On

• Athletic Kicks

• Leather High-Top

Results are only viewable after voting.