• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is the chambray shirt dead?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Damn... I bet that **** resells on ebay or here fairly well, too.

Sure do tuck. Looking forward to this weekend as I'll probably rock it with some cream white jeans. I get confused for a plumber when I wear it with indigo.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Damn... I bet that **** resells on ebay or here fairly well, too.

Sure do tuck. Looking forward to this weekend as I'll probably rock it with some cream white jeans. I get confused for a plumber when I wear it with indigo.

It probably does. If I wasn't swamped with work deadlines and meetings when the sale was going on I was going to offer proxy, but I couldn't work it out time wise. Ah well.

I'm jealous! I finally did my last bit of snow shoveling from this ****** east coast record setting snow falls we got hit with. I'm ready for warmer weather.

Yeah haha, don't pair that blue with indigo unless you carry a tool set and a "whodini" name patch on the front pocket. Actually that's a scary mental picture, I take that back.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I could never get mine to not make me look like a cowboy when I tuck so I always wear mine out. Never with denim either. The construction and fit of that shirt is pretty prefect. Definitely my favorite R&B shirt out of the ones I have.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if someone could find a large, and was willing to proxy, I would be very down and would throw ya a few bones for your troubles...

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by justtemple
I could never get mine to not make me look like a cowboy when I tuck so I always wear mine out. Never with denim either. The construction and fit of that shirt is pretty prefect. Definitely my favorite R&B shirt out of the ones I have.

Love the fabric and yes the fit was bomb. Cool you could get the untucked route to work out.

Originally Posted by Kent Money
if someone could find a large, and was willing to proxy, I would be very down and would throw ya a few bones for your troubles...

I haven't been down there in almost a month, but you should try calling the Barney's co-op in Philly to see if it is still there. I did see the blue in large at one point, but not sure if they sold it or moved the sale stuff out already. Couldn't hurt to try as I know they do send sales.

XeF4

Reaction score
CLARKS DESERT BOoTS
CLARKS DESERT BoOTS
CLARKS DESERT BOoTS
CLARKS DESERT BoOTS
CLARKS DESERT BOoTS
CLARKS DESERT BoOTS
CLARKS DESERT BOoTS

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Rag and Bone chambrays, I keep kicking myself for not picking up their white chambray l/s shirt with a small spread collar. It was beautiful and the 15 fit me well. As Epaulet would say, it was like buttah.

justtemple

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I also love my Control Shirt while we are spreading the R&B love.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Just saw the cambrays at RRL Melrose today. They're part of the new "shipyard" collection and are pretty damn nice. Some of them were the traditional "stiff" variety as opposed to the wash/worn softness of r&b but still, very nice stuff. I may be able to sneak in some shots if people are interested.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Just saw the cambrays at RRL Melrose today. They're part of the new "shipyard" collection and are pretty damn nice. Some of them were the traditional "stiff" variety as opposed to the wash/worn softness of r&b but still, very nice stuff.

I may be able to sneak in some shots if people are interested.

totally !

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love chambray. Always have. Always will. I'm thinking of getting a few MTM for me. Just because.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads