• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is the 1-series effeminate?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Every time I see a 1-series, I can't help but think "That is a woman's car." Sort of like the previous-gen SLK. It just has an effeminate aura.

Who agrees? If you disagree, suck it.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's not feminine, but it's ugly as sin. The droopy sash line, the upright windscreen and nose, bulbous greenhouse; 2nd worst looking BMW ever.

MrGoodBytes

Reaction score
I just cant get over how small they are in person yet try to pull off the big-boy styling.

I wont pass judgement until I take 1 for a spin.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Every time I see a 1-series, I can't help but think "That is a woman's car." Sort of like the previous-gen SLK. It just has an effeminate aura. Who agrees? If you disagree, suck it.
Well, it's a woman's car / effeminate if you are driving one. However, the 1 Series M Coupe is a sick car.

munna

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes
I just cant get over how small they are in person yet try to pull off the big-boy styling.

I wont pass judgement until I take 1 for a spin.

got to drive the 135i around a track.. i had a huge smile after i was done. Felt like i was driving a go-kart. I think they look ugly, but they drive super fun

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don't even like Japanese cars, but I'd rather have an Evo if I were buying $40K of ugly and fun.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Don't even like Japanese cars, but I'd rather have an Evo if I were buying $40K of ugly and fun.

The EVO would be awesome in the NE snowshit right about now.
smile.gif

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
The EVO would be awesome in the NE snowshit right about now.
smile.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

I was thinking more like this, not some lightly dusted parking lot.
smile.gif

bing

Reaction score
if it doesnt have the 3.0 turbo then yes, it is effeminate... especially if it's an automatic, 128 cabrio.

akatsuki

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was fun to drive. But I have a large dick, so I don't care what people think about my car.

Jarandas

Reaction score
It´s not effeminate, at least not in Europe, but it´s ugly... I don´t think many people would buy it if it didn´t have the BMW badge...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads