1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is Styleforum turning off old members?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Jay Gatsby, Oct 2, 2010.

1. KingOfTheForum

KingOfTheForum Senior member

[​IMG] ...... a ton of crap and circle-jerking...

Yes....YES! That's the site description that I've been looking for.

2. JensenH

JensenH Senior member

This is some tough talk from a dude wearing a 36R.

Are you sure it is 36R and not 36XS?

3. Annadale

Annadale Senior member

I'm pretty sure you're the second person to quote this post of mine in the past hour. I don't get the attack though... is there some obvious location where I can find 36R jackets online that are decently made? If so, please let me know. I am having a very hard time finding them.

Ahhh! I think I see the problem, you would be quite a small man, wouldn't you?

4. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

what happened to us ? we got bored about discussing the same subjects again and again ( clothing is not a so wide subject ) and we migrated to DT. now the posting level over here has went to the DT level so it could induce us to come back [​IMG]

5. le Dauphin

le Dauphin Well-Known Member

^^your avatar managed to captivate me for several minutes. bravo sir [​IMG]

-Matt

6. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Mostly, I come here because its an emotionally safe environment offered by the Senior members. The staff here tell me that if I stay on my medication, I can function normally and I am no longer a risk to anyone.

P.S. Generally, I find the search function isn't very good. As a schizophrenic, I need to rely on search functions to find out if I've made any new posts. Most of the hits I get are for people selling stuff.

Have you tried Thorazine? Also, good if you have excess mucus.

Just curious, how do you know if you've made new posts in another persona? Do you have a list?

7. PTWilliams

PTWilliams Senior member

Have you tried Thorazine? Also, good if you have excess mucus. Just curious, how do you know if you've made new posts in another persona? Do you have a list?
    Mostly, I just stare at some guys picture, saying to myself "I know him from somewhere, I know him from somewhere,...., Holy shit, he has shoes just like mine! Oh mother of God, an inverness cape, he has an inverness cape, just like mine, how many of those could there be! Oh no, a bowler, the guy is sporting a bowler, did somebody steal my bowler!...Who is this guy? I know him from somewhere. The wierdest part is seeing an outfit on styleforum I really, really, like. Going out and buying it. and several days later trying to figure out how I ended up with two identical outfits. I've never figured that one out.

8. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

Mostly, I just stare at some guys picture, saying to myself "I know him from somewhere, I know him from somewhere,...., Holy shit, he has shoes just like mine! Oh mother of God, an inverness cape, he has an inverness cape, just like mine, how many of those could there be! Oh no, a bowler, the guy is sporting a bowler, did somebody steal my bowler!...Who is this guy? I know him from somewhere.

The wierdest part is seeing an outfit on styleforum I really, really, like. Going out and buying it. and several days later trying to figure out how I ended up with two identical outfits. I'ver never figured that one out.

Very good! I'm sure you're not the only one here who ends up w/identical goods.

Reminds me of the time I was buying an axe from the hardware dept. in a store where I worked and the mgr said, "Didn't you buy one last year?' [​IMG]

9. riverrun

riverrun Senior member

So the question is: are these retards cramping this forum, and if so, what should be done about it?

was hoping for whnay level transcendence but this post didn't compare. not so worried about the newbs, but the diminished greatness of recent drunken state-of-the-forum miniature member meltdowns is giving me the blues.

10. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

was hoping for whnay level transcendence but this post didn't compare. not so worried about the newbs, but the diminished greatness of recent drunken state-of-the-forum miniature member meltdowns is giving me the blues.

Which ones?

We have quite a few delusional small in stature with massive ego SF members..

11. Shikar

Shikar Senior member

This is my first poast, so please be kind.

Where may i buy some Allen Edmonds 2nd's please. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards.

12. Slewfoot

Slewfoot Senior member

The title of this thread is correct.

The dialogue that's in this thread also reinforces the title.

13. voxsartoria

voxsartoria Senior member

Perhaps the drunken fisticuffs is moving from this thread to another.

Let's hope it's to the Australian thread.

- B

14. GoldenTribe

GoldenTribe Senior member

This thread should have been closed after the second post, which was the only response necessary or deserved. But it wasn't, so here's a picture of midgets playing basketball. [​IMG]

15. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Senior member Dubiously Honored

16. Bull

Bull Senior member

17. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

At the end of the day ,we need elder statesmen to provide us with their knowledge and experiences of the sartorial world...

Matt,Manton,Kuro,Dopey,RSS and Rjman have had a great influence on my sartorial development..

It doesn't mean I have automatically adopted all their sartorial ideas,far from that, but they gave me new outlooks on my sartorial believes and my numerous pre-conceived ideas...

On one hand, a forum full of newbies will be boring and a new dominant circle will be formed very quickly anyway...

The same people complaining about the snotty behaviours of some of the old guard will definitively after a few years on SF become as bad as them...

On the other hand ,SF needs new blood ,new ideas or we will slowly die...

18. HORNS

HORNS Senior member

On the other hand ,SF needs new blood ,new ideas or we will slowly die...

+ a lot

19. Bull

Bull Senior member

LMFAO @ riverrun's avatar...*dead*

20. enarchay

enarchay Senior member

Not at all vox. I don't like or dislike this post. Therefore there is no philosophical problem (does a problem have to be philosophical) to my post.

Secondly, if I am offering advice for him, it doesn't mean that advice has to hold true for myself or for any other individual. Simply offering a solution for what seems to be an aggravated OP.

Care to expand on what makes my post an interesting "recursive" philosophical problem? My second advice Vox, I would prefer if you use Recursive in its proper state instead of forcing it into your sentence. Your linguistic utterance of the word recursive is a philosophical problem for me.

"No one forced you to do anything."

Not if determinism is true! Oh!!!! [​IMG]