1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Is smoking a dating dealbreaker for you?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by merkur, Oct 5, 2010.

1. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

Much like a tat, it screams "It won't take much to get me into the sack"

What about if they have a tat strategically placed, so when they wear a low cut top, you can see it exposed a long with cleavage... AND they smoke?

2. LawrenceMD

LawrenceMD Senior member

The one girl I dated who smoked also just happen to give the best BJs I've ever had. She did it once while taking a pee at the same time. Was hot.

[​IMG]

3. Icarium

Icarium Senior member

Depends on the goal. Dating her because she's fun, hot, and you want to get her in bed? Don't care if she smokes.

Dating her as future wife/mother of my children material? Absolute dealbreaker. I watched my grandmother die a slow, painful death by emphysema/cancer. I am never going through that shit again by choice. I don't understand doing something that will take years off your life and doesn't even get you high. [​IMG]

With regards to an earlier post. Why do so many young women in France smoke? It was just out of control when I was in Paris recently. It was like watching an episode of Mad Men.

4. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

Much like a tat, it screams "It won't take much to get me into the sack"

Huh? Are you retarded? Please explain the correlation even causation. I'm waiting...

5. holymadness

holymadness Senior member

I think in North America, where smoking is considered taboo, crossing that cultural barrier is a sign of not being as constrained by social norms, which include prudishness.

That's the theory, anyway. I've never tested it out because I didn't know a single woman who smoked in canada or the States.

6. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

I think in North America, where smoking is considered taboo, crossing that cultural barrier is a sign of not being as constrained by social norms, which include prudishness.

That's the theory, anyway. I've never tested it out because I didn't know a single woman who smoked in canada or the States.

Smoking is considered taboo in any westernised country:

- Australia
    - Canada
    - UK
    - USA
    - Singapore

I like Asian countries where fat people are more loathed than smokers.

Something is directionally wrong with our priorities.

7. Fuuma

I wouldn't use "taboo" for something like that, it is too strong a word. There were actual theories about smokers being bolder, more charismatic individuals (on average) but I think they were american and made a while ago. I must say I'd have problems finding them again and I don't know how serious they were and how strong the correlation. How do you quantify someone's charisma anyway and what happens when you stop smoking?

8. Fuuma

Smoking is considered taboo in any westernised country: - Australia - Canada - UK - USA - Singapore I like Asian countries where fat people are more loathed than smokers. Something is directionally wrong with our priorities.
    These aren't westernized countries you dumbass they're anglo-saxon (or formerly dominated by anglo-saxons) countries.

9. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

These aren't westernized countries you dumbass they're anglo-saxon (or formerly dominated by anglo-saxons) countries.

Sorry, I meant FAT countries.

You fat? I'm sorry for your gains.

10. Fuuma

Sorry, I meant FAT countries.

You fat? I'm sorry for your gains.

No, and what's more I'm from the glorious white race, I bet you're jealous.

11. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

No, and what's more I'm from the glorious white race, I bet you're jealous.

Learn to respect a superior speciman.

Enjoy your glorious fatness.

Why would I be jealous? Are you an ambassodor for all that is white? Do you have freckles or relatives that are gingers?

GTFO.

Thanks

12. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

I think for women, smoking is a sign of other personality problems. Usually poor impulse control problems and peer pressure. Sometimes stupidity too if they do it thinking it will make them skinny.

13. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

I think for women, smoking is a sign of other personality problems. Usually poor impulse control problems and peer pressure. Sometimes stupidity too if they do it thinking it will make them skinny.

No, smoking is a habit. You could argue that it's bad for one's health and it has been proven to cause cancer. However, there are many people who don't smoke and get cancer and there are also many who do smoke and do not get cancer. This is pre-programmed in our DNA. What we do to our body contributes somewhat.

I have never met a girl, or anyone, who thinks smoking keeps them thin. Nor have I met anyone who smokes coz it's "cool".

You do know smoking + drinks / coffee taste good, right?

I say Fat people are a bigger problem. I'd rather sit next to a smoker than sit next to a fat person.

14. word

word Senior member

I've never even tried to smoke (cigs) in my life. Oddly enough it doesn't bother me on random dates or with short term girlfriends. I just see past it I guess. I got some bad habits too, whatever, aint no thing. Don't usually have long term girlfriends but I would prefer one that didn't smoke. If they did I'd ask them to try to minimize the smell in my car/house/whatever yanno.

Dealbreaker for me is being fat. Call me shallow but yea, being fat is right out. No chance. Not even sorry about it. =P

15. aleeboy

aleeboy Senior member

I've never even tried to smoke (cigs) in my life. Oddly enough it doesn't bother me on random dates or with short term girlfriends. I just see past it I guess. I got some bad habits too, whatever, aint no thing. Don't usually have long term girlfriends but I would prefer one that didn't smoke. If they did I'd ask them to try to minimize the smell in my car/house/whatever yanno.

Dealbreaker for me is being fat. Call me shallow but yea, being fat is right out. No chance. Not even sorry about it. =P

Harro there, I tink we are lelated

You are not shallow... you are just a regular guy!