• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Prada easily faked

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Etro shirt I got recently on eBay for around $60 is made of what seems to me to be very nice cotton (100%), and has thick, not-logo'd, and, I believe, MOP buttons. The stitching is very good, and, in general, I'm pleased with the shirt. Identical to what sells here for $300 Cdn.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It appears to be authentic and has "made in Italy" on the label.
"Made in Italy' does not mean what it used to. If any stage of the shirt's manufacture occurs in Italy then the tag is legal, even if nearly ever other part of the shirt was woven/cut/sewn/finished in some low-wage Eastern European joint. This has no necessary relation to the authenticity of the garment, of course.
Actually... this used to be true. Italy, having an economy that is in crises and losing alot of business to the Eastern Europeans has cracked down on clothing manufacturors and not allowed Italian Finished articles to show made in Italy. You want it to say made in Italy, Make it in Italy. I Know this for a fact with the kids lines and I suspect it with the Adult lines as well as I received a whole shipment of Cacharel for Women last season all made in Roumania a,d poland etc. despite the company and design coming from France.

v0rtex

Reaction score
Prada Sport is universally faked on eBay, I'd say at least 90% of the items on there are counterfeit. Not sure about Prada mainline.

I've bought a couple of Prada Sport items off eBay which are probably fake, but it's difficult to confirm. Even store employees have been unable to say one way or the other, just certain little details seem off (materials feel cheap, seams aren't as smooth as you'd expect, washing instruction labels fading after a few months etc).

You'll probably get a good bargain on eBay but its unlikely to be genuine Prada, even if it will be practically indistinguishable from the real thing. It's up to you whether you find this personally acceptable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads