1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 10: A full set of Aesop's Fables pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 10th auction of the year is for a full set of Aesop's Fable's pocket squares from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is Paris the most beautiful city in the world?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Elguapisimo, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

We are petitioning to erect said wall between my fair city and the cesspool known as Oakland. Unfortunately, the state is bankrupt.

What's great with mediocrity is that it doesn't need government intervention to bloom, free markets work!!

2. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

What's great with mediocrity is that it doesn't need government intervention to bloom, free markets work!!
    Mold, too. FWIW, I'd say Paris and Vienna are the two most beautiful cities, at least to me.

3. Fuuma

Mold, too. FWIW, I'd say Paris and Vienna are the two most beautiful cities, at least to me.
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to kill me first to bring me back in Vienna but it does look good... Most beautiful, gee, I dunno. Where's the biggest concentration of sleazy strip joints in the world?

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Hitler once considered razing Paris, but then decided to make Berlin the most beautiful city in the world so that Paris would pale in comparison.

5. Fuuma

Hitler once considered razing Paris, but then decided to make Berlin the most beautiful city in the world so that Paris would pale in comparison.

Himmler was a virgin at around 32 and was terrified of consummating his impending marriage so he confided his anguish in the man that was closest to him; Adolf. Can you imagine that conversation?

6. Tardek

Tardek Senior Member

"Just stick it in, bro".

I don't have a massive urge to go to Berlin. Cities I would consider making a go of things in include

London, NYC, Paris, Rome.

7. rnoldh

rnoldh Stylish Dinosaur

Himmler was a virgin at around 32 and was terrified of consummating his impending marriage so he confided his anguish in the man that was closest to him; Adolf. Can you imagine that conversation?

Was Blondi in the room?

[​IMG]

8. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

I think Paris, Vienna & Rome are the most beautiful big European cities. In general European cities are the pretties, North American ones the most boring, Asian cities the most choatic.

9. fritzl

fritzl Stylish Dinosaur

I'm pretty sure you'd have to kill me first to bring me back in Vienna but it does look good...

Uuuuh, what kind of bad experience occured to you there?

10. emptym

emptym Moderator Moderator

I vote Prague.

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Stylish Dinosaur

Sounds similar to King Leopold of Belgium who had to have one of his relations explain coitus to him after several years of marriage.

12. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Lake Merrit, the Oakland Hills, Claremont, and Rockridge are all beautiful, you snobs.

13. hossoso

hossoso Coward and P*ssy

I voted for Buenos Aires. It is a huge city with some of the best architectural and cultural elements of Paris/Rome/London yet it is settling into an elegant state of decay. Still very classy and beautiful but rough around the edges.

edit: I meant to post this in Tokyo Slims' thread and now I can't copy/paste for some reason.

14. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt The Liberator Dubiously Honored

Lake Merrit, the Oakland Hills, Claremont, and Rockridge are all beautiful, you snobs.
    You can amputate a limb, but you can't amputate the body.

15. Etienne

Etienne Distinguished Member

I like making fun of them, because they are so damn defensive about their city and fellow Parisians.
    What? How dare you say we are defensive! How dare you!

I wonder if anyone that knows Paris well like, Ettiene, RJman, GDL-Greg would comment?
    I don't know enough cities in the world to comment. I have lived in 4 different cities in France, Paris included, and only one abroad (Chicago). I have visited many more, but still.

I can say that I don't really envision myself living anywhere else. I could spend a few years elsewhere, but not live anywhere else for a longer period of time.