• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is Panta still around?

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hi all..
i just went to an old thread i had subscribed to on Panta trousers/dress pants, i wanted to buy a pair. however, the threads now been closed and the last messages i can see on the trousers are from July 2010.

Does anyone know if they are still around, or am I looking in the wrong place?..
thanks

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
wondered the same thing...havent seen him post in a long time.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last posted a couple of weeks ago, but he's still buying fabric on ebay so I assume all is well.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
hi mack..

good news! which thread should we consult to check out stock, etc?..
i could not find any threads with posts from 2011..

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lovelux2010
hi mack..

good news! which thread should we consult to check out stock, etc?..
i could not find any threads with posts from 2011..

He only sells stuff intermittently. It's (regrettably) not a full-time operation.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Last posted a couple of weeks ago, but he's still buying fabric on ebay so I assume all is well.

so the rumors about panta coming with a yugioh hologram cert are true?

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the time Ed gets some new stock in. At the least, looking at the cloths he's buying on eBay (as linked upthread), there are some fun checks on their way that I might be interested in.

However, I have to say that I've ended up buying 2 pairs of trousers that I was planning on getting from him from other sources, simply due to the apparently intermittent nature of the business, my own impatience and other opportunities arising. But for fun items, like those checks, where I'm happy to wait and see what randomly appears in my size, I look forward to buying something from him.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dont worry boiz i do believe Ed's still around
devil.gif

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oh hai guize
blush.gif

Thanks for the interest/inquiry. I've been super busy both at my 9-5 and with Panta. It has been intermittent ihe past, as I worked out the kinks and improved the product line. Patterns have been adjusted, better materials are being used and even got designprofessor to hook me up with a new logo/label. Due to the great response from the forum, I have now been able to open an account with the English silk printers that make for Marinella/Cappelli/Drakes (no more waiting to see what is left over) and also have hooked up with two English mills. I also have what I consider to be the best source of Zegna/Piana fabrics in the States, short of buying direct from them. Will still pick up stuff from Howard on eBay as he gets great fabrics and for the shirts I am introducing, I am using Grandi and Rubinelli.

It's been intermittent in the past because I did not have the time but now I have a full time person working on pics/shipping etc. The site is 2-3 weeks away and will be very nice and user friendly. Also will have this cool contest for the site. Currently putting together the next installment of pants/ties. There will be a trunk show in NYC sometime at the end of Feb./beginning of March. There are fall/winter fabrics along with spring stuff. The ties will be spectacular, I am introducing some lined 6 fold silk twills that are just gorgeous. Hope to have the shirts then also. Not sure if I will put the stuff on the forum or if it will go straight to the site. If i put it on the site, I'll do some sort of discount for SF, but the prices will still be a bit higher than what I have sold the items for previously.

Thanks again for the support everyone.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
^ Sounds very cool. Will everything be RTW, or will you offer MTM shirts and / or ties?

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Ed, and very exciting! Looking forward to the new website.

Random question which curiosity spurs after reading your post above. What is the benefit of NOT buying fabrics directly from the manufacturer?

Originally Posted by edmorel
I also have what I consider to be the best source of Zegna/Piana fabrics in the States, short of buying direct from them.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best wishes as you continue to grow. hey, how about a trunk show in San Francisco? we do get good turn outs for meet ups....

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
^ Sounds very cool. Will everything be RTW, or will you offer MTM shirts and / or ties?

I know what I know and i know what i don't know.

MTM is a disaster waiting to happen if you do not know what you are doing in terms of measuring and in translating those measurements to the maker. I do nt know how to measure and will not pretend that it is a simple process. So no shirts/ties/pants MTM but can I make a few ties shorter in length/thiner width or use your fabric? Sure. Can I use your fabric to make a pair of pants with different details but my pattern? yes. But no MTM.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
sounds like you've been 'hooking up' with a lot of European's
mwink[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads