• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Marriage Worth it?

dacia1300

Reaction score

no question. the variables one needs to be looking for in a marriage partner are not the variables one would be looking for for other things, and people often mistake that.

what variables should be looked at in a marriage partner kind sir?

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

what variables should be looked at in a marriage partner kind sir?

Something different from "How many bragging points do I get from my friends from tapping this?" or "How many disturbing sexual acts can I convince this person to perform?"

If you need a list you aren't ready to get married.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is rather depressing because when I was younger, I had that puppy dog naivete to please and be molded. Now that I'm older, I have my own routine, my interests, I know what I like and in general am more stubborn about things. I can't see myself giving it up and feel it's made marriage an even more distant proposition.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is rather depressing because when I was younger, I had that puppy dog naivete to please and be molded. Now that I'm older, I have my own routine, my interests, I know what I like and in general am more stubborn about things. I can't see myself giving it up and feel it's made marriage an even more distant proposition.

No it just means you are not gonna waste time with someone who doesn't respect you. You are just skipping over your first ex-wife.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I want many wives with different personalities so I don't get bored.

Jackie Treehorn

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I want to get married just so I can finally understand what's ostensibly funny about Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married?.

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ What the **** just happened with that post? I can't tell if it's a spammy troll or not..

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

If anyone asking you if marriage is Worth It then let me tell you something, the love of a generos woman who loves you and you love also her is the most special part of your live.

you mean generou$$$ woman?

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those of you that married career oriented women,

Do you guys have kids and if so, does she still work?

How do you feel about her not working while your kids are out of school?

How do you feel about her working when the kids are young (before pre k) and hiring a "mother for hire".

I say mother for hire because I have notice there is a negative perception of nannies. In actuality they play a crucial role in the development of a child and parents are trusting them with forming who their child is going to be. (IMO)

General question

How do you feel with one person having the final word in decision making?

How many of you married women younger than you? By how much?

Anyone marry a close friend from, undergrad or prep?

dacia1300

Reaction score

Something different from "How many bragging points do I get from my friends from tapping this?" or "How many disturbing sexual acts can I convince this person to perform?"
If you need a list you aren't ready to get married.

why you mad tho? i just asked stitches for his list of variables, and just because some people like making lists doesn't mean they are not ready for marriage. strong logic is strong there breh.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Can anyone chime in on what it's like in a gay marriage?

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score

Any SFers sign a prenup before getting hitched? I need a good lawyer in case I decide to pop the question in the near future.

I haven't gotten married yet, nor do I have the thought, but it is a requirement given by my parents that any girl I marry has to sign a pre-nup.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I haven't gotten married yet, nor do I have the thought, but it is a requirement given by my parents that any girl I marry has to sign a pre-nup.

you're definitely marriage material.

bullrams

Reaction score

If you expect your marriage to endure, you had better learn to expect being henpecked, nagged and bullyragged...and to tolerate it. Fundamentally, women are very foul-tempered creatures!

Women like to be dominated and lead. Instead of asking her, for once, try telling her. For e.g., instead of asking what do you want to eat, tell her you are in the mood for Thai, Italian etc. Instead of asking her what would you like to do, tell her you are in the mood for a drive or whatever. No woman is going to tell you she wants to be lead or dominated - the plot is lost the moment she has to tell you that. Her foul-temper comes from her having to lead. She does not want to. Try taking charge.

I know this is a bit noir, but use them, instead of pedestalizing them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads