• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Joseph Abboud crap?

SilverSurfer

Reaction score
I'm assuming their suits are fused, but I'm looking for a cheap tan suit in a summer weight wool. If I can get one for under $100 new, I assume that's a good deal?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah thats a decent deal.

The suits are fused, but at their retail price, one would expect them to be.

Since it's a summer suit and not likely to be worn a whole lot (not like a 3-season wool), sounds like it will fit the bill just fine.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Vaclav quote has me laughing.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
My signature?

No Vaclav - that's all me, son.

With a little bit of help from the ODB. (R.I.P.)

pkincy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
I'm assuming their suits are fused, but I'm looking for a cheap tan suit in a summer weight wool. If I can get one for under $100 new, I assume that's a good deal?

I have 2 Abboud suits and wear them in the regular rotation. They are not my first choice for an important appt but are great to wear when it is raining or I have to drive to Tucson for a day of meetings and drive back in the evening.

The lesser fabrics they use actually hold up quite well for a long wearing and in inclement weather I don't worry about them getting wet. And you can get them all day long at Last Call for $250-300 and at $100-135 nwt/nwot on Ebay. Very good value in those cases.

Perry

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
I have two Abboud suits as well - both from Ebay - and both for under $100. A brown wool 2-button and a tan linen 3-button. They both hold up well and I get quite a few compliments when wearing them. I did have both tailored and the jackets taken in for a slightly better fit.

Bradford

P.S. Perry - when do we ever have inclement weather here?!?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
I have two Abboud suits as well - both from Ebay - and both for under $100. A brown wool 2-button and a tan linen 3-button. They both hold up well and I get quite a few compliments when wearing them. I did have both tailored and the jackets taken in for a slightly better fit.

Bradford

P.S. Perry - when do we ever have inclement weather here?!?

You know - like for instance if, uhm...nevermind.
laugh.gif

Actually, you are apparently spared the daftness of one of the local stations here in Tucson - as a tag line they had their "extreme weather forecasting"
I am not joking - "when it is too hot to walk your dog - it is extreme weather"
I am dead serious. Screw hurricanes. Madam cannot walk damn Foofie outside! I mean, she may melt or something
crazy.gif

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it may be 116 in the shade, but it is a dry heat.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by marc237
Yeah, it may be 116 in the shade, but it is a dry heat.

You know, that is what is so bizzarre about this area of the country. Move to the shade and instant temperature drop. I am (or rather was) so used to high humidity as I grew up on an island in a seaside town that the concept of being out of the sun and not parboiling was completely alien to me.

But about the Abboud stuff, I cannot say that I have not on occassion mulled over getting one of those 40.00 suits for myself as knockarounds. Of course I rarely wear suits which would make that a rather moot uindertaking.

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
You know - like for instance if, uhm...nevermind.
laugh.gif

Actually, you are apparently spared the daftness of one of the local stations here in Tucson - as a tag line they had their "extreme weather forecasting"
I am not joking - "when it is too hot to walk your dog - it is extreme weather"
I am dead serious. Screw hurricanes. Madam cannot walk damn Foofie outside! I mean, she may melt or something
crazy.gif

Please tell me it is not my old station that is running that tag line!

Jimmy Stewart is not bungy jumping while doing the weather now is he?

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
Please tell me it is not my old station that is running that tag line!

Jimmy Stewart is not bungy jumping while doing the weather now is he?

LOL! No, he is usually on terra firma. If I recall correctly it is KVOA4. They have stopped doing it but they may start again with the next rainy season
crazy.gif

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by skalogre
LOL! No, he is usually on terra firma. If I recall correctly it is KVOA4. They have stopped doing it but they may start again with the next rainy season
crazy.gif

Dang - it is my old station. They've really gone downhill in the past few years. We were the number 1 station in town for like 20-years and now they do junk like this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads