• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is Jantzen's standard button down okay?

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In reality does Jantzen's standard button down collar look ok? Is it substantial enough in terms of dimensions? (I prefer a larger than normal collar - like Borrelli or Barba). Thanks in advance.

lbcgav

Reaction score
You can create whatever dimensions you like. Just measure the collar dimensions of your Borrelli or Barba and use those on the order form.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
or send in the shirt and have them copy

imo, their BD's look better with smaller/shorter collars, i have both long and short ones and the long ones don't look as rounded for some reason.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't like their standard BD's. measure the bd's you like and get them made that way.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Even the soft collar lining is too stiff. You must order collars with no lining, but they have few oxford cloth fabrics with substantial enough weight to have an unlined collar (at least to most people's taste).

Make sure to order the 3rd button on back of the collar.

josepidal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does this 3rd button work? Also, any rule of thumb to figure out if a fabric is heavy enough to make a BD shirt?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I ordered a BD in one of their "heavy oxford" fabrics, "extra light & soft" interlining, 3/8" tie space, 3.25" collar points, 1 5/8" collar back. I also added an instruction that the collar points roll instead of laying flat.

Ought to get it in a couple of weeks. We'll see.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.7%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 141 17.3%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 265 32.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 129 15.8%
  • 31 - 40