Is it worth it to do all this work to a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by NY Hockey, Jun 17, 2012.

1. NY Hockey

NY Hockey Member

Hi,

I am not a jeans person. I've worn jeans a total of 0 times so far this yr. But as time passes I see I can wear them Friday at work. Every few yrs I buy a pair just to have...nothing extravagant, but something that it seems I can wear. My last pair was a 1969 Gap relaxed fit. They are a darker color which is perfect, but too big in areas. The waist will need to be taken in between 1-2" and if possible, I would like a different taper from the calf down (to make the taper less wide at the shoe and that whole section. I believe this work would cost around $40. Should I just get a new pair or see how well they do with the alterations?

On another note, I do want to incorporate some jeans into my casual wear. After reading reviews I am pretty fixated on either Diesel or 7-for- All Mankind. I know they have different styles and fits, but is there a rule of thumb in terms of which would be better for a guy w/ thicker thighs?

Thanks.

2. Alphataru

Alphataru Senior member

Lol, I came in here thinking that you were going to talk about raw denim and how people live in one pair 24/7 for years to distress them.

To answer your question, no it's not worth it, especially not on a pair of Gaps.

Go for a better pair. J Brand is good too.