• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

is it so strange for a guy to want to cuddle?

wilson brother

Reaction score
This sunday morning my girl said she didn't have time to cuddle..and that I shouldn't care so much because guys don't like that stuff anyway

-I told her guys need to cuddle too..but she pretend like she didn't hear me and just left to do her girl things..I didn't say anything about this since because i'm feeling a some embarrasment..

but I did tell my friend last night and he said that he doesn't like to cuddle with his girl..and I should be happy about this situation- lucky he we were drinking White Russians (thanks Versace.)..and he drank more than me so I don't think he'll remember this conversation.

I got to ask the forum here..do you think that its strange for guys to need to cuddle too? -why should only girls need this?

-Danny Wilson (not a
)

Bouji

Reaction score
If it's my wife; yes I do like them. However, I detest the habit that ladies have of giving hugs as greetings and farewells - I do not particularly want to hug a business associate or casual acquaintance.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I detest the habit that ladies have of giving hugs as greetings and farewells - I do not particularly want to hug a business associate or casual acquaintance.
I've never really understood why Western socieities are so touch-phobic. It's a hug, it's not going to kill you. Occasionally they feel nice...

A.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I've never really understood why Western socieities are so touch-phobic. It's a hug, it's not going to kill you. Occasionally they feel nice... A.
This is again a rather American phobia, and to an extent Anglo. Continental European cultures are quite touchy what with the cliched French double-kiss, etc. You can also see men linking arms when walking together.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aaron
I've never really understood why Western socieities are so touch-phobic. It's a hug, it's not going to kill you. Occasionally they feel nice...

A.

Emphasis on occasionally, the reason I do not like it is because I do not have intimate feelings for that person. I cannot understand why it is the cultural fash in London for ladies to hug. My friends' wives will always try to grab me rather than shake my hand; I don't like it if I see my wife hugging other men, in the same way she does not like it when she sees other women hugging me.

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
This is again a rather American phobia, and to an extent Anglo. Continental European cultures are quite touchy what with the cliched French double-kiss, etc. You can also see men linking arms when walking together.

Yes, in London it is similar to Continental Europe, and by hug the kiss on both cheeks is included for female locals from this part of town becuase they think it is the fash.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Reaction score
Danny Wilson, maybe some wife swapping is in order?

Bouji

Reaction score
I, for one, am very interested as to what these "girl things" are...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

could be your chance to nail one of Wilson Phillips

thisisme

Reaction score
what kind of man says cuddling it's called SPOONING

stach

Reaction score
Cuddle is a seated spoon. My advice is to get your spooning in at night.

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim

Were not married..so I don't have the right to exchange her

wilson brother

Reaction score
Originally Posted by stach
Cuddle is a seated spoon. My advice is to get your spooning in at night.

Ok..but I wanted to cuddle and talk about some things that were worrying me...at night she only wants to have sex
(sorry this is private) and go to sleep
.. the same in the morning
.. and go to do her girl things

Bouji-

I don't have any idea what these girl things are..I think its talking with her girl friends over tea..

-Danny Wilson

Bouji

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
Ok..but I wanted to cuddle and talk about some things that were worrying me...at night she only wants to have sex (sorry this is private)
and go to sleep
.. the same in the morning
.. and go to do her girl things

Bouji-

I don't have any idea what these girl things are..I think its talking with her girl friends over tea..

-Danny Wilson

In response to the 1st part of your post, this sounds odd for a woman. I tend to want what your partner wants, whilst she wants to talk etc...

In respose to your reply to me, tell her, I drink tea, I talk, I DRINK TEA AND TALK, does this make me a girl?

otterhound

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wilson brother
at night she only wants to have sex and go to sleep .. the same in the morning and go to do her girl things

And you are complaining about this?

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.