1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to dye north face logo black?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by gilwood, Nov 12, 2010.

1. gilwood

gilwood Senior member

I have a North Face apex bionic jacket in all black. Is there a way to dye the logo black so it isn't so conspicuous? Right now the logo is bright white on the front and back of the jacket.

2. Listi

Listi Senior member

Why not seam rip?

3. jet

jet Senior member

that is the punishment you face for buying tnf

4. GusW

GusW Senior member Dubiously Honored

why not try a black Sharpie or Black Marks a lot? I bet ripping stitches will leave a hole.

5. takashi

takashi Well-Known Member

Why not seam rip?

Have you tried that on soft-shell?

I think it's a bit risky.
    I am sure the logo will be still visible and would look bit funny.

Paint/colour it by black permanent pen, maybe?
    (I know this is still would look strange, but it won't be as flashy...

6. entrero

entrero Senior member

7. BB1

BB1 Senior member

that is the punishment you face for buying tnf

Before even reading this thread, I saw the title and assumed jet would be here cackling in the background as is usually the case. [​IMG]

8. BB1

BB1 Senior member

If the jacket displayed the logo of a more respected brand (such as the jet approved CDW), then would everyone still want to see the label removed? And just in case you think there are no jet approved brands with highly visible labels, here ya go.... [​IMG] Would this be your punishment for buying CDW?

9. constant struggle

constant struggle Senior member

i remove all labels when possible... i even removed the white tag thing on a margiela knit i have (no joke - although i didn't do this to all my margiela pieces)

10. jet

jet Senior member

If the jacket displayed the logo of a more respected brand (such as the jet approved CDW), then would everyone still want to see the label removed?

And just in case you think there are no jet approved brands with highly visible labels, here ya go....

[​IMG]

Would this be your punishment for buying CDW?

In this case you fail to realize that the buyer designed that vest and specifically requested the label to be prominently displayed on the chest.

Try again lil homie.

11. Listi

Listi Senior member

I slash all the tags out of the inside of my gear and sand down the bottom of the soles of my shoes lest any trace be left by an errant footprint in the sand of the brand I was wearing. I remove all back pocket stitching, and any patches that might be present. I have a special melting iron to remove the YKK label from my zippers and any branding from the back of rivets on jeans. I don't want anyone to know what brands I'm wearing even if I die.

12. DBoon

DBoon Senior member

This reminds me of a 'banger about 15 years ago who lived near me; he had the brilliant idea to douse his hands in acid to burn off his fingerprints. He died of gangrene

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I have a North Face apex bionic jacket in all black. Is there a way to dye the logo black so it isn't so conspicuous? Right now the logo is bright white on the front and back of the jacket.

Don't buy clothing that makes you a walking advertisement for the manufacturer.

14. Pilot

Pilot Senior member

why not try a black Sharpie or Black Marks a lot? I bet ripping stitches will leave a hole.

x2 Best advice in this thread

15. danj51

danj51 New Member

Old thread, but curious if anyone tried the sharpie method mentioned above, and if so, what were the results. North Face is only getting more popular and their logos more annoying.

16. smokinburt

smokinburt Member

I use a Sharpie on everything that has a bright embroidered logo. Works great.