• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it possible to care for the bottom of one's shoes?

jmatt

Reaction score
I know, I know. It sounds silly, but the EG's look as sharp on the bottom as they do on the tops. I work in a carpeted office, and can limit my wear of the EG's to the office only. How do they make them look like this, and how can I preserve that? Does anyone do this, or do I just give up the finish?

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The soles will bear the brunt of your usage, but you can use a neutral polish on the uncolored portion of them and black polish on the colored area. No matter what you do, the soles will suffer and will need to be replaced sometime.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry, you just can't preserve that look. Once in a while, though, I apply neutral cream to my soles. This helps to spiff them up and might also provide a tiny bit of nourishment (if it doesn't, so what?). Mind you, this is NEUTRAL: any colored creams will rub off on carpets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads