1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is it possible to care for the bottom of one's shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jmatt, Jul 18, 2006.

1. jmatt

jmatt Senior member

I know, I know. It sounds silly, but the EG's look as sharp on the bottom as they do on the tops. I work in a carpeted office, and can limit my wear of the EG's to the office only. How do they make them look like this, and how can I preserve that? Does anyone do this, or do I just give up the finish?

2. maxnharry

maxnharry Senior member

The soles will bear the brunt of your usage, but you can use a neutral polish on the uncolored portion of them and black polish on the colored area. No matter what you do, the soles will suffer and will need to be replaced sometime.

3. Teacher

Teacher Senior member

Sorry, you just can't preserve that look. Once in a while, though, I apply neutral cream to my soles. This helps to spiff them up and might also provide a tiny bit of nourishment (if it doesn't, so what?). Mind you, this is NEUTRAL: any colored creams will rub off on carpets.

4. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Senior member

Wow, aren't sole for walking on. Isn't that the point of shoes to have them reflect one's character and show a nonchalant view toward one's outfits that are mere afterthoughts after all.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I polish the soles.

6. drake

drake Senior member