• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it possible to by a Polo brand shirt without the polo logo?

nurktwin

Reaction score
Is it possible to buy a Polo brand shirt without the polo logo? Here's a slim custom fit that gives option to move the logo to the hem but you have to monogram it on the chest. Is there no option to remove the logo completely? (I think logos on clothing are pretentious) http://www.ralphlauren.com/product/i...ductId=3064568

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I had access to the Ralph Lauren factories, and could get Polo/Rugby stuff before any of the distressing or logos were applied, I would never need to get anything else again.

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ralph Lauren Purple Label. Better quality, considerably more expensive.

Made in California

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phxlawstudent
What Radical said.

On a separate note, I wonder what the items look like if the Pony is removed. Ie, would it look destroyed?

I have been wondering this myself. Does anyone know if the logo can just be unstitched without ruining the shirt? I have a shirt or two I'd like to do this with.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
I would not suggest attempting to remove the horse (I think I'll refer to this as the ALPO Process). Because it is embroidered on the shirt, the material will most definitely snag when removal is attempted. Even if you get lucky and don't destroy the shirt, you still will no doubt have the logo outline or a gaping dimple in its place.

IMHO you should not be buying things that you don't absolutely love, just as you shouldn't buy things you absolutely love but that aren't in your size. You would never buy a sport coat 3 sizes too big just because you love the pattern or material. Well this should also apply to buying things that fit well but you have qualms about.

Until RL gets the message that we don't want logos all over everything (a trend that is growing but, let's be honest, is far from mainstream with the garish 6 inch pony-wearing hoi polloi), I suggest you invest your time and effort into finding a comparable fit and quality in other manufacturers who market a more discrete product.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nevermind.

Last edited:

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
What Radical said. On a separate note, I wonder what the items look like if the Pony is removed. Ie, would it look destroyed?

hey affix one of those anti-theft tags that leaks dye all over your shirt if you take the pony off then a man arrives at your door and takes you to jail

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi mate, the PRL shirts with chest pocket dont have pony on the chest. Most PRL ***** comes with or without chest pocket. If you dont want pony on the chest just buy one that has a chest pocket.

bjornb17

Reaction score
I have a couple Polo Ralph Lauren dress shirts, regent classic fits, that don't have the logo. In fact the shirts are pretty nice, MOP button, cutaway collar, no logo, not breast pocket. Got one at TJ Maxx and the other from RL website.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's talking about golf shirts, I was confused earlier too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads