1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is it okay to wear a raincoat when its not raining?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by ReL, Oct 3, 2006.

1. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

I have a suede trench coat that I sometimes wear. Obviously, it wasn't designed for rainy seasons. As well, I have these other trenches that were never designed for rain either.

2. j

j Senior member Admin

Are we confused here? There's nothing wrong with wearing a trench coat or similar light fabric coat when it's cool but not raining. I wouldn't suggest a plastic/rubber slicker when it's dry, but these are different things.

3. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I wore one today... It was not raining... yesterday rained and it could maybe today....

but anyway the reason why I put it on is because is cold out there, but not so cold to put on a wool overcoat... so I put this on that is double brested and can be fully closed ....

and also because it looks nice !

4. lakewolf

lakewolf Senior member

I have a suede trench coat that I sometimes wear. Obviously, it wasn't designed for rainy seasons. As well, I have these other trenches that were never designed for rain either.

Yes, I have two wool trenches one in khaki one in gray with red windowpane... they are made for winter cold not for rain

5. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    I'm with thinman: I often wear my Burberry when there's not a cloud in the sky. But I don't really consider it a "raincoat".

6. Leaveitothexperts

Leaveitothexperts Senior member

I'm with thinman: I often wear my Burberry when there's not a cloud in the sky. But I don't really consider it a "raincoat".

I have an off-black one and I do exactly that . . . . especially starting late mid/late fall . . .