Is it OK to wear running shoes with jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Essentio, May 27, 2009.

1. SJTrance

SJTrance Well-Known Member

I do like my Converse Chuck Taylors with jeans. I have a cream and white pair and a navy blue pair. They're inexpensive and fit well.

[​IMG]

2. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

Real running shoes? God no, that's a horrible look unless you are just taking the garbage outside.

However, it can be appropriate with more casual athletic shoes, such as the more classic/casual collections from say puma, or adidas, or the designery brands.

3. Flambeur

I do like my Converse Chuck Taylors with jeans. I have a cream and white pair and a navy blue pair. They're inexpensive and fit well.

[​IMG]

That's not as horrible as nike runners and jeans, but I still think you need to be a hipster and wear an ironic t-shirt and thick framed glasses to pull that off. Or maybe I just don't like his fit, hat, etc. in this pic.

4. Franky In T.O.

Franky In T.O. Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with running shoes with jeans depending on the shoes. I can't stand white sporty runners that belong in the gym or on a jog with jeans. (on a side note, this is even worse with khakis).

But there are many brands of runners that go well with jeans. And as for Nike, even the odd one works if you have the eye for it. I've got a pair of Skechers that cost me nothing, go great with jeans, and a couple of guys have actually asked me where I got the shoes.

Designer running shoes such as DKNY, Boss, etc. are not worth the price unless you really love the look.

5. Flambeur

Nothing wrong with running shoes with jeans depending on the shoes. I can't stand white sporty runners that belong in the gym or on a jog with jeans. (on a side note, this is even worse with khakis).

But there are many brands of runners that go well with jeans. And as for Nike, even the odd one works if you have the eye for it. I've got a pair of Skechers that cost me nothing, go great with jeans, and a couple of guys have actually asked me where I got the shoes.

Designer running shoes such as DKNY, Boss, etc. are not worth the price unless you really love the look.

I hope you're like 15....

6. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Chunky running shoes with jeans are one of my biggest pet peeves. I see it everywhere and it drives me nuts. Do yourself a favor and look for a low profile sneaker or even a sleeker tennis shoe depending on the cut and leg opening of your jeans b/c at the same time you don't want a shoe/casual sneaker that gets swallowed up by a bigger leg opening. Take a look at some classic Tretorn sneakers or some PF Flyers even.

If you're over the age of 60 then you get a pass on the running shoe with jeans look, otherwise all those who commit said crime should be shackled and bound and left at an isolated location far away from the rest of the world along with their fellow offenders.

7. MBreinin

MBreinin Well-Known Member

I think it is always a bad look of you are over 21. Just my opinion.

8. ginghaman

ginghaman Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  9. RCG Tiburon

RCG Tiburon Well-Known Member

This thread is full of ridiculousity.

OP: Those shoes are ugly. No running shoes with jeans. Cross trainers, street sneakers, etc. are fine. By and large the most fashionable athletic footwear are the ones that shouldn't be used for real athletics.

I will wear adidas superstars with jeans often. Then again, I'm not a part of the skinny jeans set. Also, I'm 18.

10. Essentio

Essentio Well-Known Member

What about this pair?

[​IMG]

11. RCG Tiburon

What about this pair?

[​IMG]

Much better to my eye, but I'll wait for the others to weigh in.

12. agavilanes

agavilanes Well-Known Member

Judge yourself.

According to some italian guys portrayed in kishida days, they could be worn with white pants

[​IMG]

Or even suits

[​IMG]

So jeans wouldnt be an absolute no-no...

More examples in http://www.kishidadays.com/yanchamen/

Not endorsing, just reporting

13. lasbar

lasbar Well-Known Member

The italian is all right because of the spezzatura and he's Italian anyway...
    They can wear lemon or terracotta trousers and still look good..
    I do find men wearing trainers with suits irritating to the point of wanting to waterboard them in the street..
    The same applies to American tourists wearing lovely dresses to go to the Opera or Theatre and wearing trainers because they're comfortable...
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

14. Flambeur

The italian is all right because of the spezzatura and he's Italian anyway...
    They can wear lemon or terracotta trousers and still look good..
    I do find men wearing trainers with suits irritating to the point of wanting to waterboard them in the street..
    The same applies to American tourists wearing lovely dresses to go to the Opera or Theatre and wearing trainers because they're comfortable...
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

That does NOT fucking happen. No way.

15. RCG Tiburon

What about this pair?

[​IMG]

On second thought, a pair of white Sambas might be a cheaper option.

[​IMG]

16. centrix

centrix Well-Known Member

17. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

I hope you're like 15....

and female...

18. Zenny

Zenny Well-Known Member

The italians in the above photos would look much much better wearing actual shoes and not runners.

19. nordicstyle

nordicstyle Well-Known Member

Is it OK to wear running shoes with jeans?

Unless you are a hip-hop gangsta' or a single comedian in your late 30s/early 40s living in New York, I would say no. Except, of course, if the shoes are black.

20. Philip1978

Philip1978 Well-Known Member

The italians in the above photos would look much much better wearing actual shoes and not runners.

+100