1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is it OK to wear running shoes with jeans?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Essentio, May 27, 2009.

1. dv3

dv3 Senior member

+1. The only worse thing that comes to mind is wearing a dark suit with bright, white running shoes to and from work - which is, tragically enough, not an uncommon sight on the streets of Washington D.C.

...how true, how true

Empirically, I think you will notice those who are well dressed aren't wearing running shoes with jeans.

2. madaboutshirt

madaboutshirt Senior member

personally I don't like the look. If its a really nice pair of running shoes and a pair of baggy street style jeans, it may work. Skinny jeans + running shoes give me an eye sore though.

3. laphroaig

laphroaig Senior member

No. You are mixing high tech with rustic, in a bad way.

4. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

Slightly OT: Is it OK to wear bluchers with my track outfit?

5. ALFAMALE

ALFAMALE Senior member

Maybe if ur one of those extreme fitness dudes that likes to rock that look out of the gym :/

6. Zenny

Zenny Senior member

No thanks, it always looks terrible.

7. DesignerValet

DesignerValet Senior member

Absolutely not. Driving loafers, sandals, and good leather sneakers (whether they be designer or something inexpensive like Puma) are much better options.

8. Horatio

Horatio Senior member

I have to admit I did it in the past but stopped about 20 years old - many moons ago... Better don't...

9. AldenPyle

AldenPyle Senior member

Running shoes only look good at >6mph.

10. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Everytime someone mentions running shoes and excercise i feel the need to lie down a while and the thought of excercise soon passes.............

11. Becks23

Becks23 Senior member

I think that it's better to go towards a court-shoe for casual wear as opposed to a running shoe.

But wearing top of the line or contemporary technical footwear outside of its intended medium is silly. ie Air Max 2009 with jeans, whereas an older Nike Air Max looks a bit better. But for most people on this board, I think this doesn't really fit with their style.

12. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

99% of people who don't belong to SF wear athletic shoes with jeans.

13. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Senior member

...wearing a dark suit with bright, white running shoes to and from work - which is, tragically enough, not an uncommon sight on the streets of Washington D.C.

Yesterday on the streets of D.C. I saw a guy, mid to late twenties, wearing a dark suit with black and white Pumas. It was so hideous I wanted to take a picture...

14. Xiaogou

Xiaogou Senior member

Yesterday on the streets of D.C. I saw a guy, mid to late twenties, wearing a dark suit with black and white Pumas. It was so hideous I wanted to take a picture...

I am with you. I really don't get it...

15. phillyesq

phillyesq Senior member

Generally, I would wear loafers, canvas sneakers, driving mocs, boat shoes, leather sneakers or something else with jeans. In very limited circumstances (say, running out to get the paper early on a saturday) I'll do running shoes with jeans, but generally, if I'm mildly concerned with my appearance, no running shoes for me.

16. blackbowtie

blackbowtie Senior member

I wonder if anyone ever started a thread called "What You SHOULDN'T Be Wearing Today" and fill it pics of sartorial mishaps.

17. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

Sneakers yes; they the basis of a good wardrobe, running shoes like new balances, definitely not for aesthetic reasons.

18. yoshii

yoshii Senior member

The runners with jeans look is almost as bad as the runners with a suit look, which I see plenty of around here although mainly on women.

19. Narciso

Narciso Senior member

Is it OK to wear running shoes with jeans? [​IMG]
    Don't get those sneakers. They look bad and are useless for running. Half of America has them because for some ridiculous reason they want shoes that scream out gray.

20. porcelain monkey

porcelain monkey Senior member

This is very much a runners look - in a look at me I run marathons way. In Boston the weekend of the marathon, the city is overrun by skinny people in jeans and running shoes and Boston Athletic Association jackets.