Is it ok to wear brownish shoes with a black jacket???

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Jizzman, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Jizzman

Jizzman Well-Known Member

I've always thought a black jacket with brown shoes was always a no-no, but recently I've seen many people wearing this and it looks fine. What do you guys think? Is this a fashio no-no? What color shoes can you wear with a black jacket, other than black?

2. Glorysends

Glorysends Well-Known Member

What type of coat? I wear my black pea coat, trench and light spring coat with brown shoes. I don't think coats like that matter. At least in my eyes they never did.

3. Wo Cao

Wo Cao Member

I actually think that brown shoes/boots have the potential as good or better with black jackets than black shoes do. It's all about how you coordinate the rest of your clothes, though.

Here's a picture of me wearing medium-dark brown boots with a black jacket on a nice 20 degree morning in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago:
    [​IMG]

Unfortunately the picture of the boots doesn't do them justice (my phone's camera is really, really, really bad in low lighting. They look much more like this: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...rk-stallworth-cap-toe-lace-up-boots?ID=771756).

Whether or not you think my style looks stupid is entirely up to you, of course! :p

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013

4. Jizzman

Jizzman Well-Known Member

Sweet jacket bro, where can I get one?

5. Wo Cao

Wo Cao Member

Thanks man. It's a Barbour Srathdee with the belt removed.