• Please help me welcome our new sponsor, Crush Store a luxury boutique and contemporary store in Southern Italy that offers its customers the a careful selection of casual and elegant fashion at excellent prices and great value. Please do visit their thread to say hi, ask questions about brands, sizing, etc... and see what is new at Crush Store. Thanks!
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it ok to wear brownish shoes with a black jacket???

Jizzman

Reaction score
I've always thought a black jacket with brown shoes was always a no-no, but recently I've seen many people wearing this and it looks fine. What do you guys think? Is this a fashio no-no? What color shoes can you wear with a black jacket, other than black?

Glorysends

Reaction score
What type of coat? I wear my black pea coat, trench and light spring coat with brown shoes. I don't think coats like that matter. At least in my eyes they never did.

Wo Cao

Reaction score
I actually think that brown shoes/boots have the potential as good or better with black jackets than black shoes do. It's all about how you coordinate the rest of your clothes, though.

Here's a picture of me wearing medium-dark brown boots with a black jacket on a nice 20 degree morning in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago:

Unfortunately the picture of the boots doesn't do them justice (my phone's camera is really, really, really bad in low lighting. They look much more like this: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...rk-stallworth-cap-toe-lace-up-boots?ID=771756).

Whether or not you think my style looks stupid is entirely up to you, of course! :p

Last edited:

Jizzman

Reaction score
I actually think that brown shoes/boots have the potential as good or better with black jackets than black shoes do. It's all about how you coordinate the rest of your clothes, though.

Here's a picture of me wearing medium-dark brown boots with a black jacket on a nice 20 degree morning in Washington D.C. a few weeks ago:

Unfortunately the picture of the boots doesn't do them justice (my phone's camera is really, really, really bad in low lighting. They look much more like this: http://www1.bloomingdales.com/shop/...rk-stallworth-cap-toe-lace-up-boots?ID=771756).

Whether or not you think my style looks stupid is entirely up to you, of course! :p

Sweet jacket bro, where can I get one?

Wo Cao

Reaction score
Thanks man. It's a Barbour Srathdee with the belt removed.

Featured Sponsor

Which European Cities Offer the Best Shopping Experience for Menswear? (Max 3)

• London

• Paris

• Madrid

• Milan

• Naples

• Mallorca

• Stockholm

• Berlin

• Amsterdam

• Cannes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online