1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

is it "Nordstrom" or "Nordstorm's"?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by jinx, Dec 22, 2004.

1. jinx

jinx Well-Known Member

do you guys say "Im going to Nordstrom" or "Im going to Nordstorm's"?

just curious...

2. acole

acole Senior member

"I'm going to Nordstrom's," of course. [​IMG]

3. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

The name on the store, and my gf's paycheck, is "NORDSTROM". In fact, these days, it's always in caps.

It was originally a shoe store. I dunno if the store name was ever possessive, though I believe it is the name of the founder.

EDIT: I'm dumb as a post, you didn't ask which it was. I say both, but then, I've already demonstrated my lack of observational skills.

4. nightowl6261a

nightowl6261a Senior member

The name on the web site is as follows: www.nordstrom.com. I think the plural for came from the shoppers inability to understand the name as was stated was the man's name, he did not call it as the " 's " would speculate, his store. [​IMG] We say we are call Nordstrom when we call to check prices against other people claiming they have better prices.

5. qcomqa

qcomqa Member

Isn't "Nordstorm" a video game? Maybe it's one of the spells in Warcraft. Anyway, I used to date a girl who talked about going to "Safeway's". I let it go since she was Australian.

I say "Nordstrom" because that's the name of the place. I guess I could capitalize, but on the Internets that makes it look like you're yelling.

6. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Senior member

You say tom"ay"to, I say tom"ah"to.

Just had to do it.

Just got back from the D.C. area Nordstrom - the one at Pentagon City mall. Everything was fairly quiet, especially considering it was 3 days before Christmas. Nothing really discounted except leftover summer stock and store brad items. And yet, more people were at Macy's going nuts (lots of stuff at 60% of) than at Nordstrom. I'm guessing that everybody is waiting for the half year sale.

I saw the Allen Edmonds whole cuts, btw. I kind of liked the Fairfax in the weird tan. It looked appropriately offensive, if that makes sense.

7. Horace

Horace Senior member

Yes, name of founding family (though I don't know if privately owned, or if family still controls stock). They're from Washington State I believe.