• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is it me, or does the cut of Lacoste polos suck?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are cut so short it's ridiculous. No tail to speak of, and it ends right at the waist, often producing that unsightly overhang in the back. And I would've actually preferred to go down another size in terms of the fit of the rest of the shirt. Does nobody else have this problem?

Brian SD

Reaction score
Not me. Size XS is an impeccable fit with Lacoste on my torso.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well maybe I should start getting XS. Are we talking about a 3 here? And how tall are you?

I think I'll probably just stick with RL custom fit though - I like the fabric and cut much better, plus I can choose my own colors.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Im 6'0", and yes, size 3.

Are you talking about ones that you've tried on in department stores, or ones that you've bought off eBay? This makes a huge difference - the ones off eBay are often fake, and if they aren't, they're almost always the Indian polos, which have a shoddier fabric and fit.

The good ones will say, "Designed in France, made in XXXXX" on the tag.

rlevine

Reaction score
Actually, I really didn't like the way they fit me either. It wasn't so much the length but as it was how they fit my torso in relation to my shoulders. Maybe I am between sizes. I much prefer the fit of (I suppose lower quality and more boring) Banana Republic polos.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Made in France, bought in a Lacoste boutique. And we're the same height.

Robb

Reaction score
I find them pretty horrible myself, I have large arms and a wide chest, so rather than allowing for a V shape, it makes me look fatter than I should. Perhaps fitted would be the way to go, but they are tight enough on my chest & arms I'd suspect they'd make the situation even worse.

Charles Rogers

Reaction score
Size three is perfect for me too. I like the fit more than any other polo I have tried.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In certain shop they make them in retro fit, which is a bit slimmer in the body. It's along the same lines as the RL custom fit.

Debaser

Reaction score
I find them pretty horrible myself, I have large arms and a wide chest, so rather than allowing for a V shape, it makes me look fatter than I should. Perhaps fitted would be the way to go, but they are tight enough on my chest & arms I'd suspect they'd make the situation even worse.
An off-topic question, but why do you have a picture of a Nip/Tuck actor for your profile?

Dill

Reaction score
I like the cut more than any other brand of polo I have owned (which isn't all that much). A size 4 fits me perfectly.

Andy

Reaction score
The lacoste polos with 3 buttons fit better than the regular ones. They are the ones that are $85.

uppercase

Reaction score
yes, there's something wrong with the lacoste fit.
very sacky.
wouldn't buy them again.
the RL polo are much slimmer and flattering. same quality too.
anybody familiar with the RL PL polos?

reydogg23

Reaction score
The fit is horrible to me also. Ive been wearing Polo all my life and decided to try a Lacoste. I wore it for about an hour but was so uncomfortable I returned it.

policy

Reaction score
How is someone that is 6'0 wearing an Extra Small? I'm 6'2 and I need to wear an XXL in RL Polos, and it's not even that baggy after 20 washes, I would say it has a comfortable fit, an XS wouldn't fit over my biceps. How much do you weigh?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads