Is it just me. . ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Timothy, Sep 19, 2002.

1. Timothy

Timothy Senior member

I was out the past few days trying to find a new pair of black dress shoes, but nothing grabbed me at all. I fail to find the styles that most shoe designers are putting out to be interesting. Some of the Ferragamos I saw were ok, but still didn't hook me. I definitely want to stay away from the clunky, squared off look, but I'm not really feeling the slim, long toe style either. The irony is is that I do have an idea of what I want, but I don't know if anyone is doing a shoe like it. What I would like to find is a clean lined, black leather shoe (sort of sporty, but still classy) where the front sole curves up. So that if you sit the shoe on a table, and look at it at eye level, the front sole tip, under the toes, will be about an inch or so off the table top. I guess it will be a mix between a dress shoe and the sole of a running shoe (or those clichÃ[​IMG]d Middle Eastern sheik shoes) if you can imagine what I am talking about. Now the big question is do any of you know if there is a company that makes a shoe like this? Thanks. . .

2. davei

davei Senior member

Cole Haan would fit the bill perfectly. Try www.colehaan.com for an idea of styles. Something in the Air range would probably work for you.

3. pstoller

pstoller Senior member

I guess it all depends on what you call "interesting." I've seen some dress shoes from the Fendi, Sergio Rossi and Bottega Veneta men's lines that are pretty cool. I usually like Cesare Paciotti, too, but I haven't seen this season's wares up close yet.