1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me or site speed exrtra slow ?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Roger Everett, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Kiwi Man

Kiwi Man Senior member

It is also slower for me as well. I wasn't going to complain about it at first, but now that I know somebody else also has the same problems, I might as well just speak my mind!

2. Roger Everett

Roger Everett Senior member

I hear a lot about " we're working on fixing the speed issue ", well I'm not a computer geek, but I have worked on mechanical and construction problems for almost 50 years, and one thing is basic. If you try and try, you just get in deeper in the problem. There comes a time, where it is much better and gets the desired results to undo and start over with the problem. I go to other sites where they have more adds to upload at start then here, and the speed problem is not an issue. One site is powered by the ones that used to set up this sites softwear ( if that's the term ), vbuttin, or whatever. And that site even has small animated screens. The important thing to think about is that this problem didn't exist untill that Huddler toook over -- that is the problem.
    In construction we have a saying when there is a results at completetion problem " Mr. Green is not going to visit you untill problem is fixed. And bear in mind you can't fix anything when you get too many fingers in the pie ie: don't let the admin. guys f with it, make the people who created the problem fix it.
    Can you imagine if you were just visiting this site for the first time and had all this time delay BS, would you come back---- I don't think so ( there are other mens wear forums ).

3. JapanAlex01

JapanAlex01 Senior member

+1 Use Firefox; it has the fastest JavaScript loading times..!

4. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

+1000
    I usually access SF through Firefox and have no problems with the new system.

For giggles, I just tried to get on SF through Internet Explorer and the load time was unbearably slow.

5. JapanAlex01

[​IMG]

6. OyezDC

OyezDC Well-Known Member

+1 My lame IE browser at work is completely overwhelmed by the new system; FF/Chrome run just fine at home. Oh well, work productivity should go up...

7. JapanAlex01

:lol:

I seriously don't know how/why so many people surf the net at work. I am totally against it, like obesity. No wonder the world is in a recession!

8. radiation

radiation Active Member

I was using Firefox on my home machine, and there were several unresponsive scripts whenever I loaded the site. I switched to Chrome on that machine and everything was fine. It works fine in Firefox on my work machine, though.

9. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Firefox is much faster for SF. I just made the switch, and am glad I did. :) But how do I speed up my iPad? :(

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  10. Philip1978

Philip1978 Senior member

+1

11. Achillus

Achillus Senior member

12. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member

It's crawling over here too and I am on Firefox and on a 2Ghz PC. It's just growing pains guys. Give Admin the chance to iron out the bugs.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Chrome works great for SF on my desktop at home, Firefox works best for work. SF is now faster than ever for my desktops. :)

14. JapanAlex01

Only thing that is annoying me, now, is that you have to wait for the whole page to load before you can edit/open spoilers!

15. f-tard

f-tard Well-Known Member

slowwwwwwwwwwwww

16. Metooxx

Metooxx Active Member

Painfully slow...