1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Is it just me... or is the aa (entire) website...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by dorian, Sep 27, 2004.

1. dorian

dorian Senior member

It seems that Andy has more problems over there than just the forum.

Or maybe the computer I am currently using needs sorting out.

Can anyone verify (either reasoning ;-)?

2. tattersall

tattersall Senior member

It is working fine for me.

3. housemaidsknee

housemaidsknee Senior member

i get random asp server errors at times. or some such errors. if i refresh, often times the page will load. seriously, it's got to a point where i don't even bother to read there because the site irritates me too much.

4. armscye

armscye Senior member

Ditto. He's killed the thing. Too bad.

5. modsquad

modsquad Senior member

I feel the same way and it's a shame, because I like the site. But it's pointless to log in. I'm posting this in the hope that Andy will get the message and improve the site once and for all. Especially if there's an article coming out in the Times about the site: his ad revenues go up with his page views and he'll never have another chance like this. And it's a great ad venue; his readers buy more clothes than anyone this side of Candy Spelling.

6. aybojs

aybojs Senior member

I feel pretty much the same way CTGuy does; it's a good forum, but the technical glitches are too much for me to deal with. On the same token, I have no intent to sound rude, but do we really need a new thread every time someone has problems accessing the askandy site? It's just that I've seen a dozen odd threads on this issue now, and I think we're all well aware of the technical problems the site is having and that there probably won't be any significant changes to address those flaws in the future.

7. dorian

dorian Senior member

Fair enough, and true... no offense taken, aybojs.

8. JLibourel

JLibourel Senior member

I was unable to open up the Andy forum twice today--on two different computers. I think he has problems sometimes at the end of the month. We get an awful lot of duplicating threads on this (and Andy's) forum, so I don't know why some people are crabby if we discuss this matter. A large percentage of the regulars here are also regulars on Andy.

9. armscye

armscye Senior member

I think some of us are hoping he will get the message...

10. armscye

armscye Senior member

I think some of us are hoping he will get the message...

11. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Maybe he's just trying to keep the riff raff out today. [​IMG]