Is it just Americans

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by vanity, Feb 8, 2007.

1. vanity

vanity Senior member

I'm an American. I love living here. But for the most part Americans repulse me. I quit going to free concerts and outdoor events b/c of the slime that crawls out of the woodwork and mills about, ruining life. I've had to switch gyms 3 times b/c anything costing less than $60/mo seems to be full of idiot trash. I have no desire to go on a cruise with other Americans or even vacation in typical American resort b/c it'll surely be annoyed with loud, rude, obnoxious, fat Neanderthals. If you dare point out rudeness or stupidity, they become instantly confrontational. I enjoy working out now in the hopes that one day, some asshole is going to go over the line and I'll get to physically destroy them.

Is this going on in other countries too? Is it something about the mindset of Americans or what?

2. texas_jack

texas_jack Senior member

People in general are disgusting. You'll find that everywhere.

3. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

I guess you haven't been out of the country because there are plenty of ugly, loud, annoying people out in the world. No matter where you go. So you may as well shoot yourself now.

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

On the other hand, if you travel to other countries you may have the good fortune of not being able to understand a lot of the stupid shit that people are saying.

5. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

But America allows guns.

6. johnapril

johnapril Senior member

Holden Caulfield syndrome

7. Fabienne

Fabienne Senior member

Johnnys in america, low-techs at the
    Wheel
    No-one needs anyone, they dont even
    Just pretend
    Johnnys in america

Im afraid of americans
    Im afraid of the world
    Im afraid I cant help it
    Im afraid I cant
    Johnnys in america

Johnny wants a brain, johnny wants to
    Suck on a coke
    Johnny wants a woman, johnny wants
    To think of a joke
    Johnnys in america

Im afraid of americans
    Im afraid of the world
    Im afraid I cant help it
    Im afraid I cant
    Johnnys in america

Johnnys in america, johnny looks up at
    The stars
    Johnny combs his hair and johnny
    Wants pussy and cars
    Johnnys in america

Im afraid of americans
    Im afraid of the world
    Im afraid I cant help it
    Im afraid I cant
    Johnnys in america

God is an american
    Im afraid of americans
    Im afraid of the world

Im afraid I cant help it

Im afraid I cant

Im afraid of americans
    Im afraid of the words
    Im afraid I cant help it
    Im afraid I cant
    Johnnys in america
    Johnnys in america

8. vanity

vanity Senior member

That's an awesome song. And video to boot. Here -->

9. DeSica

DeSica Senior member

I'm an American... If you dare point out rudeness or stupidity, they become instantly confrontational. I enjoy working out now in the hopes that one day, some asshole is going to go over the line and I'll get to physically destroy them.

Is this going on in other countries too? Is it something about the mindset of Americans or what?

Dude, you need to get out for a while. It sounds almost like you're becoming what you hate. [​IMG]

I know what you mean, though. Ultra-agressive. Americans I meet up here are always amazed by how everyone is so considerate and courteous, especially for a big city. The other thing they notice is how clean the streets are (though they're not like they once were).

A friend of mine had his cousins visit from Windsor, and they had some stories about the Michigan crowd that comes over to party. Drunken scraps galore.

Most Americans I meet are sweethearts, just not very aware of the world. (75% don't have passports...I pointed this out to an American, and he refused to believe it...I pointed out that Americans commit a significantly greater amount of violent crimes/1000 people than Canadians do, and he accuse me of lying.)

I have heard Europeans say the same kind of things about Germans, but not as severe.

You don't want to let it get to you. It's not worth it, and the rest of the world has it's share of jerks, too. At least you know better, and like G.I. Joe says...knowing's half the battle.

10. jpeirpont

jpeirpont Senior member

Ironic

11. vanity

vanity Senior member

Well I'm glad to hear it's everywhere and not just here. That makes things a bit better.

And I fail to see the irony of it. The real irony is that a 26 yr old, 175lb male is going to let some grossly obese 45 year old or mid-30s soccer mom run her cunt mouth and do nothing about it. These people are mega assholes b/c they've never had reprocussions for it. If more people started getting punched in the face every once in a while, maybe they'd chill out a bit.

Like when a cabbie honks at me and yells when he's trying to turn on a red light and I've got the walk sign. Dude, are you kidding me? How about I rip open your door and snap your fucking neck? Will that be worth your efforts of shouting and honking?

But no...everyone's free to be the biggest prick they want b/c they're never held responsible.

12. JR88

JR88 Senior member

Ironic

+1

13. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

Well I'm glad to hear it's everywhere and not just here. That makes things a bit better.

And I fail to see the irony of it. The real irony is that a 26 yr old, 175lb male is going to let some grossly obese 45 year old or mid-30s soccer mom run her cunt mouth and do nothing about it. These people are mega assholes b/c they've never had reprocussions for it. If more people started getting punched in the face every once in a while, maybe they'd chill out a bit.

Like when a cabbie honks at me and yells when he's trying to turn on a red light and I've got the walk sign. Dude, are you kidding me? How about I rip open your door and snap your fucking neck? Will that be worth your efforts of shouting and honking?

But no...everyone's free to be the biggest prick they want b/c they're never held responsible.

We should hang out sometime.

14. Britalian

Britalian Senior member

one person's idiot trash is another person's...

15. DeSica

DeSica Senior member

If more people started getting punched in the face every once in a while, maybe they'd chill out a bit...

You wanna go around knocking out soccer moms and cabbies, have fun (was gonna say knock yourself out, but that would just be wrong). [​IMG]

I do sort of agree with you on one point. It seems like years ago (like in Bogie films), when someone really got out of line, a person could give him a straight right across the chin, and that was it. Simple. No retribution, no knifings, no friends jumping in...like it was understood that the guy had it coming. These days, it's just complicated.

Just curious...do you get into arguments with these people, or do you just walk away fuming?