• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it hard to get a car without dealer badges?

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It seems like almost all the cars I see have them, and I don't know if it's because the dealers make it difficult to get them removed or that people just don't care.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate those things. Usually it is relatively simple to remove them. In most cases they are glued on. Taking a hairdryer to the badge then using some thin thread to pass behind them usually is enough. Some googone after that cleans off any residue. I removed all the badges off the back of my Celica (including the Toyota-installed ones) like that. Of course, YMMV depending on how it was glued on.

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My car hasn't got one and I'm not going to be buying a new car for a while. The question is are the dealers pushy about slapping them on there?

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's not hard, just ask.

If they refuse, tell them you'll **** them over on the CSI survey and then send them a bill for advertising cost. It's not difficult to remove the badge yourself anyway.

Mark_Y

Reaction score
I always tell the dealer I'm not taking delivery of the car until any and all dealer stickers/badges are removed. No removal, no sale.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
That must be a regional thing. You only see those here on cars that have come from other parts of the country, usually the midwest. Here they just put on those license plate frames. The better dealerships just have nicer frames.

Aaron

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
That must be a regional thing. You only see those here on cars that have come from other parts of the country, usually the midwest. Here they just put on those license plate frames. The better dealerships just have nicer frames.
I've noticed this as well. I think its popularity wanes and resurges every so often. You see a lot of 80's and early 90's cars with dealer decals and then nothing on later models. The license plate frame seems to be the most popular option right now. Except for Brian Jessel BMW (a large dealership in Vancouver) who plasters his freakin' name on everything.

A.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's regional. Before I moved to the Northeast, I'd never seen one. Back in California after several years, I still don't see them around here, but I did see them on my way across the country.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
What's a dealer badge?

Advertising that the dealer places on your car - above the rear bumper or on the tailgate in the case of SUVs. Basically just a metal plaque with the dealership name, phone number, slogan, etc.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn things are everywhere here. Even worse are the ones that are decals. Harder to remove.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VersaceMan
Advertising that the dealer places on your car - above the rear bumper or on the tailgate in the case of SUVs. Basically just a metal plaque with the dealership name, phone number, slogan, etc.
I've never seen these other than the dealer plates, and license frames.

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
I've never seen these other than the dealer plates, and license frames.

39_3.JPG

You can see one on the upper left of the trunk lid on this car. Though, this one is just painted on, and isn't an actual badge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads