Is it hard to get a car without dealer badges?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by dusty, Aug 11, 2006.

1. dusty

dusty Senior member

It seems like almost all the cars I see have them, and I don't know if it's because the dealers make it difficult to get them removed or that people just don't care.

2. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

I hate those things. Usually it is relatively simple to remove them. In most cases they are glued on. Taking a hairdryer to the badge then using some thin thread to pass behind them usually is enough. Some googone after that cleans off any residue. I removed all the badges off the back of my Celica (including the Toyota-installed ones) like that. Of course, YMMV depending on how it was glued on.

3. dusty

dusty Senior member

My car hasn't got one and I'm not going to be buying a new car for a while. The question is are the dealers pushy about slapping them on there?

4. VMan

VMan Senior member

Some dealers charge you to remove them.

5. DNW

DNW Senior member

It's not hard, just ask.

If they refuse, tell them you'll fuck them over on the CSI survey and then send them a bill for advertising cost. It's not difficult to remove the badge yourself anyway.

6. Mark_Y

Mark_Y Senior member

I always tell the dealer I'm not taking delivery of the car until any and all dealer stickers/badges are removed. No removal, no sale.

7. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

That must be a regional thing. You only see those here on cars that have come from other parts of the country, usually the midwest. Here they just put on those license plate frames. The better dealerships just have nicer frames.

8. Aaron

Aaron Senior member

That must be a regional thing. You only see those here on cars that have come from other parts of the country, usually the midwest. Here they just put on those license plate frames. The better dealerships just have nicer frames.
    I've noticed this as well. I think its popularity wanes and resurges every so often. You see a lot of 80's and early 90's cars with dealer decals and then nothing on later models. The license plate frame seems to be the most popular option right now. Except for Brian Jessel BMW (a large dealership in Vancouver) who plasters his freakin' name on everything.

A.

9. Arethusa

Arethusa Senior member

I think it's regional. Before I moved to the Northeast, I'd never seen one. Back in California after several years, I still don't see them around here, but I did see them on my way across the country.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

What's a dealer badge?

11. VMan

VMan Senior member

What's a dealer badge?

Advertising that the dealer places on your car - above the rear bumper or on the tailgate in the case of SUVs. Basically just a metal plaque with the dealership name, phone number, slogan, etc.

12. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Damn things are everywhere here. Even worse are the ones that are decals. Harder to remove.

13. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Advertising that the dealer places on your car - above the rear bumper or on the tailgate in the case of SUVs. Basically just a metal plaque with the dealership name, phone number, slogan, etc.
    I've never seen these other than the dealer plates, and license frames.

14. VMan

VMan Senior member

I've never seen these other than the dealer plates, and license frames.

[​IMG]

You can see one on the upper left of the trunk lid on this car. Though, this one is just painted on, and isn't an actual badge.

15. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

That's so awful. It's astounding the level of advertising they put out.