• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

is it ever to late to start?

Darron B

Reaction score
Question

is it ever to late to start a morning face care regime. ie moisturising etc. my wife says there is no point as i am 45 and have spent many years working outside.

Darron

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never too late. Do the Jack LaLanne face exercises as well - 1 every day for 30 days. All 30 are on youtube. You'll look stupid doing them but the results are truly noticeable. Take a pic of your face on day 1 and day 30 and compare. The rest is deep moisturizing and lots of sunblock. Olay Regenerist Serum is the only face product that Consumer Reports purported to work on fine lines. $20. Get the unscented one. It takes around 30 days to start seeing the benefits. You'll still need a moisturizer. Egyptian Magic Creme is pretty amazing stuff. You can get it at HQhair if you're in the UK, or Whole Foods in the states. If you've got a ton of $, Creme de la Mer is probably the best skin moisturizer. http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Regeneris...uckduckgo-d-20 Depending on your budget, you can also opt to get fractional or CO2 laser treatments on your face. If you've spent many years out in the sun, there's a lot of damage it can treat.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Never too late. Do the Jack LaLanne face exercises as well - 1 every day for 30 days. All 30 are on youtube. You'll look stupid doing them but the results are truly noticeable. Take a pic of your face on day 1 and day 30 and compare.

The rest is deep moisturizing and lots of sunblock. Olay Regenerist Serum is the only face product that Consumer Reports purported to work on fine lines. $20. Get the unscented one. It takes around 30 days to start seeing the benefits. You'll still need a moisturizer. Egyptian Magic Creme is pretty amazing stuff. You can get it at HQhair if you're in the UK, or Whole Foods in the states. If you've got a ton of $, Creme de la Mer is probably the best skin moisturizer.

http://www.amazon.com/Olay-Regeneris...uckduckgo-d-20

Depending on your budget, you can also opt to get fractional or CO2 laser treatments on your face. If you've spent many years out in the sun, there's a lot of damage it can treat.

jack la lane is the bomb. im going to start these face exercises as a tribute to him. thanks for the info.

however, for the sunblock, i have a few at home, but they are all too greasy for normal appliage and usage at the office. too shiny or greasy. as if i am going to the beach. do you have any suggestions?

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
jack la lane is the bomb. im going to start these face exercises as a tribute to him. thanks for the info.

however, for the sunblock, i have a few at home, but they are all too greasy for normal appliage and usage at the office. too shiny or greasy. as if i am going to the beach. do you have any suggestions?

Try the Nutrogena crap. Other sunscreen made me break out in HS, and thus I refused to wear it.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
What a great, positive guy. I'm a big fan as well.
Originally Posted by gort
In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now. After I remove the ice pack I use a deep pore cleanser lotion. In the shower I use a water activated gel cleanser, then a honey almond body scrub, and on the face an exfoliating gel scrub. Then I apply an herb-mint facial mask which I leave on for 10 minutes while I prepare the rest of my routine. I always use an after shave lotion with little or no alcohol, because alcohol dries your face out and makes you look older. Then moisturizer, then an anti-aging eye balm followed by a final moisturizing protective lotion.
Cue the obligatory American Psycho reference
laugh.gif

Mr. White

Reaction score
Yeah, I worked in the sun a lot when I was younger. I got that Clint Eastwood look around the eyes.

Best to keep the sun off your face for the rest of your life. The little exposure you get going to and from the car will tan you more than you need. Other than that, you could put Crisco on your face and it would still just be a placebo. Avoiding sun is all you need.

I'd avoid the facial exercises. They're bound to give you bone spurs.

AChekhovGun

Reaction score
Mr White also thinks that if you're 6', you need to weigh less than 150 pounds or you're "chunky", so take his advice with a grain of salt.

Mr. White

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AChekhovGun
Mr White also thinks that if you're 6', you need to weigh less than 150 pounds or you're "chunky", so take his advice with a grain of salt.

Yeah, like you came into the discussion knowing what causes bone spurs.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads