• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is it ever ok for men to tuck pants in boots?

Johnny24

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Obviously somebody responding who isn't in NYC today. I currently have my suit pants tucked in Hunter's because I had to walk a mile in a foot of snow.

We got rocked in my state as well, knee high snow Wed and it is still everywhere today. You better believe I wore my pants tucked into my **** kicking steel toed Wellingtons before I changed into my saddle bucks for my afternoon in the office and I switched back into them when I went to brave the grocery store. I ordered a bright red pair of Hunters from Gilt the other day, I am looking forward to them arriving as they are a bit more stylish than the steel toe jobs (but less functional when kicking ice build up around your tires).

Originally Posted by otc
I tuck my pants into my sorels...why the hell wouldn't you?

I do not tuck my pants into boots that are made to remain on your feet once you arrive at your destination.

I think a tuck into Sorels and Bean boots is fine for when you are outside and it serves a purpose plus how in the hell can anyone expect to get a tailored pant over a pair of Sorel Caribou boots or a pair of Hunters? They are meant to keep you tucked in and dry from a design point.

Mert Topel

Reaction score
As long as you like it, you should do it. You are not supposed to please any fashion police around. Over the knee and knee high boots are a part of my daily attire..

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why isn't @Piobaire monitoring this thread?

This is definitely relevant to his interests.

Last edited:

Lionel Hutz

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Women shouldn't either but inside the pants is still better than the abomination that is boost with a skirt

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Women shouldn't either but inside the pants is still better than the abomination that is boost with a skirt

Boots with a skirt is bad? Looks okay to me....

districtofchic-combatboots-10.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads